How much you weigh shouldn’t determine what you wear. The fashion industry might be obsessed with super slim bodies, but that doesn’t mean you can’t look amazing regardless of your size. In other words, wear whatever the hell you want, because as long as you feel confident, you’ll look beautiful.
- You only live once.Even if you believe in reincarnation, you’re only going to be in this here and now right now. If the trends of the day appeal to you, wear them, regardless of what anyone else has to say about it. Rock that crop top with pride!
- Clothes are a lot of fun. Clothing, for so many of us, is an expression of who we are. Whether you love vintage dresses or flowy ’70s top, if something appeals to you, wear it. Fashion is about self-expression, so don’t let anyone box you in.
- You’re beautiful — duh. This one should go without saying, but women spend too much time tearing other women down. We’re all beautiful in our own way and we need to remember that. Nothing makes you more beautiful than being totally and completely yourself, and this includes what you choose to wear.
- It’s important to do what makes you happy. Dressing according to what the fashion industry, friends, or your boyfriend say is “right” for you will only leave you feeling miserable and uncomfortable in your own skin. Stop caring about what anyone else thinks and wear what makes you feel good.
- No one controls your feelings but you. If you “feel” fat, that’s because you’re making yourself feel that way — other people can say it, but they can’t control your feelings. Instead, choose to feel confident and sexy in what you wear and the effects will be amazing.
- People are too judgmental, anyway. Human beings spend far too much time worried about what everyone else is doing, but their opinions don’t actually matter and have no effect on your life. Let them stare — it’s probably just because you look so amazing.
- Shoes don’t care how much you weigh. Even if you’ve gained a few pounds and some of your clothes don’t fit the way they used to, shoes don’t care. Shoes will still love you, flatter you, and fit you no matter what the scale is telling you.
- Body-shaming is disgusting you shouldn’t buy into it.It’s your body to do what you please with it, and just because other people think it should look different doesn’t mean you should let yourself think that way. People who body shame are pigs anyway so please don’t let them change you.
- It’s liberating. I really love doing things that people don’t expect, don’t approve of, and say that I can’t. It’s so empowering to throw everyone else’s advice and opinions to the wind and just wear whatever the hell you want. Try it — you just might love it.