More and more people are buying bikes and spending more time riding them these days. It beats getting on public transportation and if you don’t have a car, it’s a quicker and easier way of getting around than walking. Plus, it’s great for your fitness. If you’re living your life on two wheels lately, you might want to consider building a booze box on your bike to take the party with you wherever you go.
- Wait, what’s a bike booze box? It’s exactly what it sounds like. You modify your bicycle by building a wooden compartment with cover in which you can put alcohol, cups, snacks, or whatever else you want to take with you. If you’re headed to the park or are simply going to take a rest on the way to where you’re going, you can crack open the box and enjoy some drinks and snacks. Best idea ever!
- Your bike’s booze box doubles as a little table. When you open the cover of the box, it folds down to become a little table for you to set your drinks and food on while you’re enjoying them. It just gets better and better.
- It will seriously lighten your load. Sure, you could just wear a backpack when you’re biking with everything you might want, or you could save your back and shoulders the pain and build a booze box on your bike to put all that stuff in and ride with freedom. I know which I’d prefer!
- You could get one made or have a go of it yourself. There are several tutorials online for making your own booze box (though they’re not officially called that… or anything else) that will give you a list of all the materials you’ll need as well as step-by-step instructions to get you going. One of the tutorials even has a YouTube component so you can see the construction in action. If that’s not for you, don’t hesitate to contact your local woodshop to get one made.
- This is the best invention ever. Something that saves your poor back (I get bad back pain) AND serves a functional purpose? I’m so into it.