The Catholic church is investigating a rather bizarre case: two nuns returned from a recent missionary trip to Africa to find out that they’re pregnant despite taking vows of chastity. Are these cases of immaculate conception or did these women just feel like getting freaky? The Church aims to find out.
Both nuns are from different orders in Sicily. It’s unclear if the women knew each other before this trip, but they both came back from Africa as moms-to-be. It’s unclear where in Africa they traveled to, nor have the details of their trip been released, but we know at least one thing they got up to.
One of the women came down with severe stomach pains. They were so bad for the 34-year-old that she went to the hospital to get checked out, and that’s where she discovered that she’s going to have a child. She’s since been transferred to a different order in Palermo and is said to be considering leaving religious life behind to raise the baby.
The other woman is a mother superior. Well, she was, anyway. When she found out she was with child, she immediately left for her home country of Madagascar. It’s unclear how old she is and whether she plans to continue religious service there, but she was said to be about one month pregnant when she left Italy.
The Catholic Church has launched an investigation. While what happened here seems pretty clear-cut — a couple nuns got a bit horny and decided they needed a little lovin’ — the Church wants to dig into what went down here, so to speak. “An investigation has been launched. They both breached strict rules of chastity but the welfare of their children is uppermost,” a rep for the Church told The Sun in a statement. It added, “There is consternation at this news. It appears that both women were back in their home nations and obviously had some form of sexual encounter.” Gee, I don’t know, ya think?
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
Share this article now!