It can be really frustrating when the guy you like only sees you as a friend or even worse, doesn’t notice you at all. You have so much to offer and would be the greatest girlfriend ever, you just have to figure out a way to help him see you in a different light. Here are a few things you can try that will help get you out of the friend zone and make your guy start setting his romantic sights on you.
- Steer clear from the guys’ group. If your crush is someone that you’ve been platonic friends with for a while, one of the biggest tricks to getting him to start looking at you differently is to break the cycle of what you’ve always done. If you’ve always been one of the guys and hung out mostly in group settings doing platonic activities like watching sports and playing video games, try switching things up. Suggest the two of you hang out alone and do something with a little more potential for romance like a heartfelt movie or a nice, leisurely walk in the park. Give him the chance to see you differently.
- Don’t be too humble. We’ve always been taught not to brag about our good qualities or to even talk about them too much at all because it’ll make us seem conceited. However, the truth is, being confident about the things that make you awesome, in a non-conceited way, of course, makes you so much more attractive! Maybe all your crush needs is a reminder of how incredible of a woman you are to shake him awake and realize that you’d be the perfect girlfriend! Don’t be afraid to let yourself shine!
- Turn the flirt on. It might feel odd at first, but in order for him to start seeing you as more than a friend or acquaintance and also for him to see that you have feelings for him, you’ve got to start flirting a bit! Don’t overthink it, just do what comes naturally and I promise you it’ll make all the difference. He’ll start seeing you as someone that he could have a romantic relationship with and you’ll start getting used to the idea too.a
- Get dressed up. Of course, the right guy will think you’re beautiful no matter what you’re wearing but if you’re trying to make a man see you differently and notice you more, it definitely doesn’t hurt to get a little dressed up so that you feel your best and so that he can see that you’ve put effort into your appearance. That’ll be sure to catch his eye.
- Use body language. Flirting isn’t just about what you say, a lot of it involves your body movements too. Flirting with body language can be a very powerful force that ignites electricity between people and brings them closer. Don’t be afraid to touch his shoulder when you’re talking to him or playfully nudge him. It lets him know that you’re interested and can help to alleviate any awkwardness or tension in a moment.
- Let go of immature ideals. Ultimately, men are just like women when it comes to seeking romantic partners. Most of us want someone that we can depend on. Someone who is mature, smart, responsible, can still have a good time but knows how to be an adult too. If you’re clinging to your adolescent-like ways such as petty drama and gossip and complaining about tiny inconveniences, how do you expect anyone to see you as responsible and mature? If you want him to start looking at you like a woman with who he could have something real, you’ve got to start acting like a real woman. Take care of your life and your stuff and do it with confidence! Any man worth having will be so much more attracted to a strong, independent woman.
- Show him the different layers of yourself. If all he’s ever seen you as is a friend, it’s important to show him different sides of yourself so that he can start seeing you in a different light. Talk to him about personal and deep things. Share details about your life and personality with him that he doesn’t already know. Confide in him with your secrets and struggles. Once he sees that you’re able to trust him, he’ll be better able to trust you too and that will give romance a better chance to blossom.
- Maintain your independence. One of the most important ways that you can make a guy interested in you is also one of the most simple. Just continue living your life. You have to remember that you’ve still got your own things going on and you can’t just drop everything and be available for him at any time that he needs you or wants you. Play hard to get which is always a great way to make a guy interested in you. Busy yourself with dominating your life and before you know it, he’ll be calling you up to ask you out on a date.