A 45-year-old middle school teacher was arrested this week for allegedly assaulting a 14-year-old student. Shannon Heslip was taken into custody on charges of forcible sodomy, the Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office announced on Monday. Authorities say they received “multiple reports” from Heslip’s fellow teachers and other members of the Choctaw Middle School administration regarding her relationship with the victim.
The school alerted the teen’s family. Choctaw Middle School staff members reached out to the student’s parents to alert them of their concerns about the relationship between the student and Heslip, and the family called police.
Heslip and the student had a subsisting relationship. the Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office revealed that Heslip and the student had allegedly “exchanged nude pictures” and that she “sexually assaulted the teen.” The force’s public information officer Aaron Brillbeck told KOTV: “This is plain and simple; this is sexual abuse. Regardless of the gender of the (staff member) regardless of the gender of the student, this is sexual abuse.” KOTV says that the student is a male.
“Some sexual contact” took place at Heslip’s residence. In October 2021, the student’s parents looked for him at a local basketball court but couldn’t find him. They later found out that Heslip and the boy went on a hike, had ice cream, and went back to her house, where she assaulted him.
The school district has since issued a statement. Choctaw-Nicoma Park Schools Superintendent David Reid wrote: “CNP administration was made aware of a situation which occurred with a Choctaw Middle School employee. Allegations of inappropriate communications via cell phone were made between a student and a support staff member. CNP immediately contacted the local law enforcement agency and cooperated in providing information for their investigation. This individual is no longer employed by the district.”
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
Share this article now!