While having sex isn’t all about getting off, most of us would like to end the experience with an earth-shattering orgasm. Unfortunately, for millennial women, this seems to be happening less than half the time we’re between the sheets with a partner.
A new study from sex toy retailer Lovehoney sheds some light on our bedroom habits.
The result of the shop’s survey of 2,100 people between the ages of 18 and 70 found that despite the fact that millennial women are having twice as much sex as older generations, they’re having half the number of orgasms. What the hell?
Millennials are having a lot of sex without a lot of payoff.
An impressive 39% of women between the ages of 18 and 25 reported that they were having sex at least twice a week, but only 36% of that group is actually having orgasms every time they get down. In comparison to older women, this is somewhat dismal—63% of women over 45 have an orgasm every time.
Older people are happier with their sex lives overall.
The survey found that 16% percent of people between the ages of 46 and 50 and 14% of people between 51-55 rated their sex lives a 10 out of 10, which is pretty impressive. Millennials were less happy, with only 11% of people under 25 being totally satisfied along with 10% of 31 to 35-year-olds.
Maybe it’s because millennials are looking for different things.
The survey aimed to discover what means the most to the respondents when having sex, and while older generations predominantly insisted they were looking for a deeper emotional connection, a whopping 77% of people under 25 said it was all about having fun. Could this be why it’s so much less pleasurable for that age group?
Millennials use sex to boost self-esteem.
Nearly half of participants (47%) under the age of 25 admitted that they used sex to improve their self-esteem, a number much larger than 25 to 44-year-olds (35%) and over-45s (22%). Whether that’s a good or bad thing is anyone’s guess.
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- Your Drunk Self Is Your Truest Self, Science Says
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
Share this article now!