Sex doesn’t have to end in orgasm to be pleasurable, but there’s no denying that the Big O is a great way to cap off an amazing session between the sheets. Still, not all women find it easy to climax, which can be frustrating and upsetting for them and their partners. Thankfully, there’s a new treatment that could potentially help solve the problem.
A new study published in the journal Neuromodulation revealed that “transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation” could relieve sexual dysfunction symptoms in women. In a medical trial, nine women who reported having trouble reaching orgasm were stimulated with electrodes in multiple 30-minute sessions taking place over 12 weeks. Each of the women was surveyed before the trial, at the six-week mark, and upon completion.
The results were overwhelmingly positive, which the majority of participants reporting an improvement of their FSFI (female sexual functioning index), especially in the areas of “lubrication, arousal, and orgasm.”
In a statement to the University of Michigan Health Lab, one participant raved about the treatment, saying, “It worked for me. I’m not 100% back to the way I was, but I can have orgasms again and they are pretty good ones.” That can only be a good thing, right?
While this isn’t a widespread treatment and isn’t available to the general public, the study does shed some light on some new possibilities and provide hope for women who struggle with sexual dysfunction and are desperate to be able to climax again during sex.
Study co-author and urologic surgeon Priyanka Gupta, M.D. explained, “This study presents an alternative method for treating female sexual dysfunction that is nonpharmacologic and noninvasive. Through studies like this, we can further understand female sexual arousal and offer treatments for a disorder that has very few options.”
They hope to raise funds for a larger study, which I personally think is a great idea.
- Is He Your Future Husband or a Waste of Time? Here are 18 Differences
- An STD Left Me Unable To Have Kids
- 12 Things That Might Make You Think He Doesn’t Have An STD But You’re Wrong
- Be Careful—15 Surprising Birth Control Mistakes You Might Be Making
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- I’m Pretty Sure That The Guy I Marry Will Cheat On Me & I’m Okay With That
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- 7 Subtle Signs You’re Hotter Than You Think
Share this article now!