Sex doesn’t have to end in orgasm to be pleasurable, but there’s no denying that the Big O is a great way to cap off an amazing session between the sheets. Still, not all women find it easy to climax, which can be frustrating and upsetting for them and their partners. Thankfully, there’s a new treatment that could potentially help solve the problem.
A new study published in the journal Neuromodulation revealed that “transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation” could relieve sexual dysfunction symptoms in women. In a medical trial, nine women who reported having trouble reaching orgasm were stimulated with electrodes in multiple 30-minute sessions taking place over 12 weeks. Each of the women was surveyed before the trial, at the six-week mark, and upon completion.
The results were overwhelmingly positive, which the majority of participants reporting an improvement of their FSFI (female sexual functioning index), especially in the areas of “lubrication, arousal, and orgasm.”
In a statement to the University of Michigan Health Lab, one participant raved about the treatment, saying, “It worked for me. I’m not 100% back to the way I was, but I can have orgasms again and they are pretty good ones.” That can only be a good thing, right?
While this isn’t a widespread treatment and isn’t available to the general public, the study does shed some light on some new possibilities and provide hope for women who struggle with sexual dysfunction and are desperate to be able to climax again during sex.
Study co-author and urologic surgeon Priyanka Gupta, M.D. explained, “This study presents an alternative method for treating female sexual dysfunction that is nonpharmacologic and noninvasive. Through studies like this, we can further understand female sexual arousal and offer treatments for a disorder that has very few options.”
They hope to raise funds for a larger study, which I personally think is a great idea.
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
Share this article now!