It sometimes seem like the more successful and independent we become, the more guys get turned off. It should probably be the other way around, but that’s apparently not how the world works. It’s sad, frustrating, super annoying, but true. If you’re threatened by ambitious women, guess what: it’s time to wake up.
- You’re missing out. We’re the best girlfriends you will never have. We can have a real conversation, we’re smart, we’re loyal, we’re caring. If you dismiss us because we seem to have more going on than you do, well that’s just crazy.
- We’re not changing. If we like you, all that means is that we like you. We’re not going to change our busy lifestyles to fit your own. We won’t stop working on weekends or suddenly drop everything to be with you. If you don’t get that, you don’t get us.
- You can learn from us. You don’t think this is true because you think you already know everything there is to know. But maybe we could convince you to find a job you adore or talk to your boss into a promotion.
- You should be inspired by us. Instead of ghosting, you should find us super inspiring and want to hear more about how we got where we are today. You should realize that dreams are achievable and that hard work always pays off.
- We’re the kind of woman you want. You don’t want a ditzy GF who can barely hold a conversation but looks good on your arm, even if you think that’s what will make you happy. You actually want us — someone you can be proud of and start a life with. You just have no idea because you’ve never taken the time to get to know us.
- We’re not stereotypes. You’re the kind of guy who thinks all women are clingy and obsessed with where you are and who you’re hanging out with. You think we’re going to spy on you and steal your phone and accuse you of cheating. We’re not stereotypes and you’ll never be able to figure us out if you don’t give us a real chance.
- We’re the way of the world. Everyone else is leaning in and everyone else totally gets that we’ve moved on from the horrible idea that women aren’t worthy of careers and equality and all that jazz. Why don’t you get it? What are you waiting for?
- You lost, not us. You think you’re the winner because you rejected us and decided you didn’t want to be with us. But you lost, and we won. We’re going to find someone who’s not afraid of the dreams we have and the goal’s we’re inching toward every single day. Until then, we’re totally okay being single, because we actually like who we are.
- We’re not going anywhere. We’re going to stay ambitious because we love living this way and we’re just going to get better and better. You might not. You might get even more boring and bitter, and no one will want to date you then. So you might want to think before you totally dismiss us in all our confident, ambitious glory.