Opposites attract, but that doesn’t mean intellectual women should settle for fools. It’s important for you to be able to talk to your partner without having to dumb yourself down. If you act like you’re talking to a baby instead of your equal, then you’ll either feel hindered or make him feel inferior. You don’t want that to happen, which is why you should stick to dating someone as smart as you are.
That shouldn’t be hard, since these are major turn offs for any intellectual woman:
- Bad grammar. If he uses the wrong form of “your” and doesn’t know where to place a comma, you won’t be able to text him for long. One or two mistakes is acceptable, but if his messages are always littered with errors, how does he expect you to take his words seriously? He needs to learn how to proofread.
- Unemployment. He doesn’t need to be rich. He doesn’t even need to be making enough money to survive on his own. He just needs to have some sort of job. If he’s spending his days lounging around on the couch without figuring out a plan for his future, how could you rely on him?
- No opinion. You don’t want to be with someone who pretends that they share your opinion, just to make you happy. If he can’t give you his own take on a book, on a celebrity, or on your friends, then you’ll head for the door. You don’t want to be with someone who expects others to think for them.
- Refusing to read. You love to watch television as much as the next girl, but you can’t imagine life without reading. You’re a bookworm, so you want to share all of your favorite novels with your partner. If he refuses to pick up a book, then he’s not the one for you.
- A lack of stimulating conversation. If you watch a movie with him, you’ll want to have a discussion afterwards in order to see how he felt about the film. If he doesn’t have anything meaningful to say about the characters or the plot, then your conversation will be over as quickly as it begun.
- Repetition. The only way to expand your knowledge of the world is to try new things and go to new places. If he refuses to travel overseas with you, or to simply try a new restaurant on a different side of town, then you’re going to get tired of him rather quickly. Repetition is a relationship killer.
- Being a bore. Intellectual women love to talk. If a man can’t keep your interest for long, then the relationship will never work out. You need to be with someone that you can talk to about nothing until two in the morning.
- Ignorance. It’s one thing if he has an informed opinion on feminism and tells you how he feels about it all. It’s a completely different thing if he spouts off nonsense about how much he hates feminists. If he can’t back up his claims, and his only source is Wikipedia, there’s no sense in talking to him.
- Cluelessness. If you pay attention to someone’s words and body language, it’s easy to figure out what they’re feeling. That’s why you can’t stand when you tell a man you’re tired three times, and he still won’t drive you home from his friend’s party. You need someone who knows how to take a hint.
- Pretentiousness. He can be a genius without acting like one. Yes, you want a man to teach you random facts and give you his educated opinion on art pieces, but you don’t want him to act like he’s better than everyone else. His intellect doesn’t make him superior.