Players are the world’s answer to the question of why there aren’t any guys out there worth committing to. They’re rarely worth even a fling, tend to treat people somewhat poorly, and generally won’t ever really have any meaningful relationships in their lives. They are, at best, a one night stand. At worst, they’re total wastes of air. Some guys who fit in this category wonder why girls put them in that label. Here are 10 ways guys earn the players title.
- He dresses like one. Though there are exceptions to this rule, it’s hard to deny that players don’t have a particular sense of style. It might be the Adidas sneakers, it could be the tight shirts, or the fact that he looks like a neon reject from a crappy suburban rap video, or it could just be the fact that it looks like half of his wardrobe came from Spencer’s. It’s hard to tell, but usually, you know a player when you see one.
- He’s a coward. Players don’t like confrontation, don’t like commitment, and will throw people under the bus in order to make themselves look good. If it takes serious courage to do, you can bet he won’t do it. Such is the behavior of a players.
- The girl in question has seen the guy in question lead her friends on. Yeah, that’s not cool.
- He’s a raging misogynist. This is the kind of guy who thinks that girls are objects. He’ll sleep with a girl then slut-shame her, and then basically act shocked if a girl calls him out on his garbage. This is also part of the whole cowardice thing.
- If a guy ever says the word “swag,” he is most likely a players. Do we even have to explain this one? Actually, if anything, we can expand this rule to include other words that are probably said by Justin Bieber lookalikes, wannabe rappers, or anyone who seems to insist on keeping up with Twitter fads as a way of substituting personality.
- Even though he doesn’t respect women, he relies on them for everything. A player will continually treat women like crap, but will rely on his mom for food on the table and a roof over his head. If he’s not living with his mom, he’s probably mooching off women. Either way, it just spells bad news for us ladyfolk, and most of us won’t tolerate it.
- He never really seems to give a crap about your time. Time is precious. Once you’ve spent it, you can’t get it back. When a player won’t even text you back or keep plans, then it’s a major insult. It’s also a waste of a girl’s time. Next!
- Even though he can’t be bothered to text you back in a timely manner, he seems to be glued to his phone on a constant basis. Seriously, it’s true. A typical player will need to have his phone on him at all times, and he’ll also check said phone every five seconds. He won’t part with his phone. Ever.
- He takes more selfies than most girls. If a guy stops what he’s doing just to take a selfie, and does this regularly, then he’s a player. There’s no other explanation for that narcissistic behavior in a guy.
- The guy refuses to be accountable for his own actions. Players cannot stand being told the truth about their shoddy personalities. They can’t stand the idea that, for all intents and purposes, they are foul human beings. If you call out a player on his behavior, he will do the mental acrobatics to make you out to be the bad guy.
Ladies, this is a PSA. Say “NO” to players.