Nine times out of 10, guys are always ready to get down — they just don’t know that we are. But for those rare occasions when you don’t think a guy is interested in heading to the bedroom or you just aren’t sure, here’s how to get him in the mood fast.
- Shower him. With affection, obviously, but literally as well. Hop in the shower unexpectedly when he’s washing off and things will get steamy in no time. Oh, and be careful — it gets slippery in there and you don’t want to end up with a broken leg (or worse!).
- Spell it out for him. If you aren’t quite bold enough to enter someone’s shower uninvited, sneak into the bathroom while he’s rinsing off and use the steam on the mirror to leave him a little message like “Don’t bother getting dressed, I’m waiting for you in the bedroom.” If that feels a bit cheesy to you, feel free to just go straight to the explicit stuff — and don’t hold back!
- Seduce him. Start the morning off with a little unsolicited mouth action. The only thing a guy likes more than that is not having to ask for it. Not only that, but foreplay is great for both of you and will make what’s coming next feel so much better (and so much more necessary).
- Put on a steamy video. He’s probably watching it anyway to get himself in the mood, but it’ll turn him on even more if you watch it with him. Just make sure it’s in his preferred genre, and nothing too far out of your wheelhouse, unless you’re in the mood to try something new. And then, by all means…
- Take his hand. Hand-holding is sweet, but it’s probably not going to give him those sensations down below. Grab his hand and put it on the spot he likes best — your legs, chest, backside… He’s already told you a million times what parts of you he most enjoys, so gently guide his hands there. He won’t be able to ignore the message you’re trying to send.
- Show off the goods. If subtlety is your thing, throw on his old t-shirt with nothing under it. If you’re a little more brazen, just walk around the house with no clothes on. It won’t take long before he’s chasing you into bed.
- Talk dirty. While you’re watching TV and telling each other about your days, slip some naughty talk into the conversation. Tell him how so-and-so who he doesn’t know was out sick today so you had to cover for them, and then pique his interest by nonchalantly mentioning how you want him to slam you up against the wall. It might take his mind a few seconds to catch up, but his body will instantly snap into action.
- Send him suggestive messages. Do this when he’s at work so he’ll be thinking about you and what he’s going to do to you when he gets home for the rest of the day. Obviously, only do this if you know no one else has access to his phones or will see the messages. Otherwise, things could get pretty embarrassing pretty quickly.
- Incorporate his interests. You know he can’t resist his sweet tooth, so slather yourself in chocolate to make yourself even more irresistible to him. If you’re looking for a less messy scenario, there’s always the princess Leia approach. Whatever it is, he will be sure to show you his appreciation for your extra efforts.
- Tease him. Try any of these items on the list, and once you’ve succeeded in getting him going, back off a bit and play hard to get. Not for long, just long enough to pique his interest even more. Guys love a challenge, so if you switch the game up on him and make it seem like scoring with you isn’t a given, he’ll pick up on that in no time.
- Initiate. We often expect guys to do the heavy lifting when it comes to the bedroom, but it’s 2022 and there’s really no need to be shy. If you’re in the mood and you want him to get in the same headspace fast, it’s up to you to get him there. Initiate physical intimacy if that’s what you’re after. It shouldn’t take him very long to catch on.
How to get yourself in the mood fast
Let’s say he’s the one that’s feeling frisky but you’re not. You had a “headache” last week and were too tired the other day and you don’t want to put him off again, so how can you get on board?
- Relax a bit. There’s no way you’re ever going to get in the mood if you’re feeling uptight. If you’ve been stressed out or exhausted, it’s vital that you take some deep breaths and really let go of all that tension you have pent up. You can do this by meditating, taking a warm bath, or even going for a walk. Anything to calm yourself down.
- Watch some movies. I don’t mean turning on actual adult films, but there are plenty of R-rated movies with some pretty hot sex scenes in them that should get things going for you. Sometimes just seeing these scenes play out is enough to get you in the right headspace.
- Read some books. Maybe you get off more on words than images, in which case you should try reading some erotica. There are plenty of great authors out there, like Anais Nin, for example (a classic!).
- Ask for a massage. If your partner is in the mood and wants to get you there fast too, he can start by giving you a full rubdown. He shouldn’t rush the process or use it as an excuse to get to the good stuff. Instead, he should explore your body and work to unwind all the tension you’re holding there. It won’t be long before you’re putty in his hands.
- Try sexting. You’ve read some great erotica but you want to go a step further. To do this, engage in some sexting with your partner in which you both feel free to let out your wildest fantasies. Feel free to get as filthy as you’d like. It’ll go a long way in turning you on (and your partner too). You’ll be ripping off each other’s clothes in no time.
- Listen to some hot music. There are some songs that are just… sexy. What those songs are depends on your personal tastes in music, so make yourself a Spotify playlist and let the tunes guide you.