The dating game is tough these days, and it seems like we’ll never figure out what guys actually want — but it’s not all their fault. Women are just as capable of doing crappy things in relationships as men are, even if we don’t want to admit it.
Hook a sister up and don’t ruin a guy just because he isn’t the right one for you. One day he’ll make some other chick really, truly, disgustingly happy, so don’t mess that up for her. Don’t do any of these 10 things, or nice guys everywhere truly will disappear for good.
- Not being upfront about your intentions. Guys aren’t good at figuring out what we want if we don’t spell it out for them. Whether you want casual fun or a long-term relationship, don’t make the man guess! Just tell him so neither one of you wastes your time.
- Going out on a pity date/date for free dinner. If you don’t like him, don’t go out with him. Don’t be that girl that wastes his money and ruins him for another chick. Its just mean and kind of pathetic.
- Don’t be a tease. Don’t say you want to hook up just for attention, get him all hot and bothered, and then hang him out to dry. If you don’t want him, don’t pretend you do or he wont believe the next girl who actually does. That’s not to say you should EVER feel pressured into having sex with him if you’re not 100 percent into it. You have every right to change your mind at any point, but if you set out to mess with him purposely, you’re in the wrong and you know it.
- Two words: pity sex. DON’T DO IT. Neither one of you need to get laid that badly.
- Stringing him along. Just because he’s really nice and you hope one day you’ll find him sexy doesn’t give you the right not to be up front right away. Those guys belong in the friend zone until the right girl comes along for them.
- Making fun of his penis. He can’t get a bigger penis by lifting weights, so don’t make him feel bad if he isn’t exactly packing. It’s not the size of the boat but the motion in the ocean — and you wouldn’t take kindly if he ridiculed you for your boobs, vagina, or anything else.
- Expecting him to pay for everything. Guys love to spoil us, but don’t be a freeloader or expect that because you’re hooking up, he should buy. There’s a name for that, and it’s “Sugar Daddy.”
- Comparing him to your ex (to his face). No guy wants to feel like they suck worse than the guy you left. If you’re not really serious about new guy, he probably doesn’t need to know anything about your ex, anyway.
- Trying to change him. Smart girls know better than to date a guy that isn’t right for them, while other girls waste time trying to change guys to fit them better. Not only is your relationship going to fail if you’re constantly trying to make him someone he isn’t, but he’ll be wary of other girls and worry he isn’t good enough for them.
- Cheating on him. Relationships are hard but cheating destroys guys and girls alike. Every guy I’ve ever dated who was cheated on never trusted any girl fully again, so don’t go there, OK?
- Dating is a guessing game and we’re all going to make mistakes, but if we remember to treat guys the same way we want to be treated (nicely, duh), then we’ll all be better for it. Don’t be a douche.