Some guys like to pull a double whammy where they not only do something incredibly stupid, but also blame you for their immature behavior. Suddenly, you’re either apologizing for being the bad guy or being put on the defensive instead of resolving the initial problem. You don’t have to fall for this sneaky diversion tactic. Don’t put up with these 10 ways women get blamed for a guy’s crappy behavior:
- “I flirted with another woman because you weren’t giving me enough attention.” You shouldn’t have to be by your man’s side the entire time you’re out in order to keep him from acting up. You should be free to mingle and hang with your friends without being punished or humiliated.
- “I ghosted because you came on too strong and freaked me out.” If you know how you feel and what you want, you shouldn’t be afraid of expressing yourself. If he doesn’t feel the same way he can say so, like a decent person, instead of taking the coward’s way out and ghosting.
- “I told graphic sexual stories about you because you’re so damn hot.” If his balls aren’t big enough to say no when asked for sex details, you shouldn’t be playing with them. If you’d like to keep those details private, he needs to respect that, no matter what.
- “I shared your nudes because you dumped me.” Getting dumped is never an excuse to act out in a hurtful or disrespectful way. Unfortunately, some guys think a revenge share is justified, but there’s literally nothing you could do to deserve that.
- “I cheated on you because you’re not adventurous in bed.” Yes, sex is a really important part of a relationship for a lot of people. If he’s unhappy in bed, he needs to communicate with you instead of just looking elsewhere. If you’re uncomfortable with his needs then there’s a possibility you two just aren’t compatible, which is fine — you’ll find someone you click better with sexually, but cheating is a super crappy way to express that.
- “I sent you penis pics because you were hitting on me all night.” No one wants unsolicited penis pics, ever. You’re absolutely allowed to hit on people without being forced to look at their junk.
- “I only catcalled you because you’re wearing a revealing outfit.” Fully grown men should be completely capable of keeping their thoughts in their heads, as no cocktail dress is sexy enough to cause brain damage. Your revealing clothes are not an invitation for disrespect.
- “I blew up your phone because you drink a lot when you go out.” He has to be able to trust you when you go out without him, even if you like to get your drink on. Checking in with you every 3 minutes is only going to make you both miserable all night.
- “I bailed on our plans because you’re smothering me.” If he’s feeling like he’s not getting enough “me time,” he’s free to say so or make plans without you. Not showing up or cancelling last minute is really only OK in cases of emergency.
- “I lied to you because you’re so sensitive.” If he’s lying to avoid hurting your feelings or making you upset, it’s probably because he’s doing something shady. If you have a bad reaction to crappy behavior, that doesn’t make you overly sensitive. It makes you a normal person who’d like to be treated with respect.