It’s time to let sparks fly in the bedroom and you’re making your go-to sexy song list. There’s ample playlists available on music streaming services, but why not curate your own? If you need an updated list, check out this roundup of the sexiest songs to get anyone in the mood.
- “Feeling Good” by Nina Simone and Michael Bublé Both versions of this track make you ready to enter your villain era…or the bedroom. You have to give massive respect to the 1965 classic version recorded by Nina Simone, which was recorded for a musical and used as a Civil Rights liberation anthem. Michael Bublé’s update has a James Bond kind of spin to it. Both are some of the sexiest and most freeing songs that make you celebrate and feel good.
- “Versace on the Floor” by Bruno Mars One of the sexiest of Mars’ many sexy songs, “Versace on the Floor” is the kind of song you kick things off with to get officially in the mood. So what if you don’t own any Versace? What’s more important is getting whatever articles of clothing the both of you are wearing on the floor so you get to the good bits, anyhow.
- “Your Man” by Josh Turner Even country music haters can’t deny the sexy baritone in Turner’s voice. From the beginning, he invites you to turn down the lights and put on some music. It’s alluring and truly sets the mood for the evening. Don’t doubt the power of country music in the bedroom if it’s the right track.
- “Sexual Healing” by Marvin Gaye Is this at the top of the list of the sexiest songs of all time? I would say so. This is a no-brainer, but any of Gaye’s songs could make the list. But this is an essential choice with its groovy rhythm and enchanting lyrics. If nothing else is starting up the night, this one is a safe bet. As an alternative, try “Let’s Get It On”.
- “I’m on Fire” by Bruce Springsteen While the internet debates whether or not this song is inherently creepy (seriously, one of the suggested questions is, “Is ‘I’m on Fire’ creepy?”), more than enough people think of it as inherently one of the sexiest songs of all tiem. The 1984 hit lays everything out on the table with its promises (“I can take you higher / Oh, oh, oh, I’m on fire”).
- “Lollipop” by Lil Wayne It doesn’t take an AP English course to figure out what the “lollipop” really represents. And who can resist the lines “lovely lady lumps”? No one, that’s who.
- “Love Me Harder” by Ariana Grande ft. The Weeknd It’s all in the title. Sure, it can just be used as a song of “devotion” to your S.O., but that’s limiting yourself. Both Grande and The Weeknd have quite a few sexy hits, so combining their voices ups the sex appeal. If you’re feeling especially dangerous, remember that Grande’s Positions album exists. Meow.
More of the sexiest songs out there
- “Bon Appétit” by Katy Perry ft. Migos Katy Perry isn’t a stranger to using food as sex appeal in her videos even if her songs aren’t the sexiest. But what if you’re the meal? Perry presents a scenario where your lover is open 24/7 for service. Ahem. Pair this one with some strawberries and whipped cream and you’re set for the evening. Or go all out with a full buffet like Perry sexily suggests.
- “I Touch Myself” by Divinyls There’s no shying away from self-love with this track. If you need further inspiration, the music video with Christina Amphlett makes up for the fact that this was a one-hit-wonder. It will definitely go down in history as one of the sexiest songs ever.
- “I’ll Make Love to You” by Boyz II Men The early ’90s were the time for sexy hits. Boyz II Men’s famous ballad was a 1994 chart-topper with promises of fulfilling their lover’s every wish. It was no doubt one of the sexiest songs of the decade and it still holds up in 2022.
- “Montero (Call Me By Your Name)” by Lil Nas X Forbidden love is afoot in this hookup song. You can call your lover whenever and wherever, and Lil Nas X will be more than happy to let you indulge in your every sin. This one may not appear on many “sexiest songs” lists, but it definitely deserves its place there.
- “S&M” by Rihanna While we’re waiting for her next album (please, RiRi!), don’t forget Rihanna’s archive of songs that ooze sex appeal. Pair a night with the music videos to get everyone hot and heavy. While this track is a metaphor for Rihanna’s “love-hate connection with the media,” there’s plenty to feast on that isn’t as metaphorical. What else are we supposed to think when she’s tying a man down and handling a banana like that?
- “Like a Virgin” by Madonna This song about being “touched for the first time” all over again caused moral chaos in the 1980s. It survived for us to continue to enjoy today as one of the sexiest songs ever, even if it is a little on the nose. So keep on pretending it’s your first time every time and pair it with some sexy words to up the ante.
- “Raining on Sunday” by Keith Urban Perfect for rainy day lovemaking, that’s what the song is about: forgetting all of your worries and spending the entire day in bed with your lover. So if you need some quality time with your S.O., Urban made a soft, yet sexy song for you to bury yourselves in the sheets.
- “I’m a Slave 4 U” by Britney Spears Even if you don’t have your own snake to bring onto your own bedroom stage, this song turns up the heat and lets your S.O. know you’re down for anything. It was the mark of an even sexier Britney and led us to hits like “Toxic” and “If U Seek Amy”. On a serious note, please don’t actually bring a python into the bedroom. Try a more tame approach, like a new position.