Music is such a powerful force in relationships. Love can be conveyed so perfectly through songs. It can be difficult to express your feelings in the moment but lyrics in songs can often do it for you. Here are the best songs about falling in love to listen to when the emotions are taking over.
- “At Last” by Etta James Call it cliche all you want but, this song is the epitome of finding your true love and feeling that amazing sensation of joy and relief knowing that you’re with “The One.” It’s a classic wedding song for a reason.
- “I’ve Just Seen a Face” by The Beatles Another oldie but goodie, this classic by The Beatles is all about knowing that you’ve found your soulmate and that excited, mad feeling that seems to take over your whole body when you realize it. It’s a fun, upbeat song with super sweet lyrics.
- “Turning Page” by Sleeping at Last You might remember this song from Twilight, but don’t write it off as cheesy just because of that. The lyrics to this song are seriously tear-inducing and they perfectly describe what it feels like to finally find your person after what can seem like a lifetime of waiting for them. It’s beautiful.
- “Falling in Love in a Coffee Shop” by Landon Pigg This song is a very quaint, sweet, folksy love song that explains what it is right in the title. It’s about coming to the realization that you’re falling head over heels for someone and everything is changing. It’s a fun song with a relaxing melody.
- “You Give Me Something” by James Morrison This beautiful song is all about how scary it can be to fall in love with someone while still being amazing. When true love hits you, it hits fast and hard and can be terrifying because no one wants to get hurt. The right person, though, will make you feel safe and secure.
- “I Choose You” by Andy Grammer This song is all about knowing you’ve found ‘the one’ and choosing them not only as your lover but as your partner in everything you face in life. It describes how there are so many things in life we don’t get to choose but we get to choose who we spend our life with and that is a beautiful thing.
- “I Guess I’m In Love” by Clinton Kane This song is one of the greatest love songs you’ll ever hear. It’s all about knowing that what you’ve found with someone is special because when it’s true love, it feels so different from every other relationship you’ve ever had.
- “Invisible String” by Taylor Swift This long song is so sweet because it talks about all of the life experiences that lead up to meeting “The One.” It talks about how every little thing that happens to us in life happens for a reason because eventually, it all leads us to our soulmates.
More of the best songs about falling in love
- “The Louvre” by Lorde The way Lorde describes love in her songs is just so beautiful. This song very accurately describes all of the little things that go through your mind when you fall in love with someone suddenly and unexpectedly, and how it feels like the most amazing thing in the world.
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Elvis Presley We all love this classic love song. There are a million covers of it and they’re all beautiful. This song will bring tears to anyone’s eyes because the combination of the beautiful lyrics with the dreamy music just makes it so perfect for anyone who is falling hard for someone special.
- “Fire and the Flood” by Vance Joy Vance Joy is a great indie rock band that has a very woodsy, campfire feel to them. Their music is calming and sweet. This song talks about being so in love with someone that you don’t worry about anything else that could happen in life as long as you have that person with you.
- “Beyond” by Leon Bridges All of Leon Bridges’ music is dreamy but this song in particular is perfect for falling in love because it’s all about that feeling and wondering if the person you’re with is the one that you’re going to spend the rest of your life with.
- “For Once in My Life” by Stevie Wonder A fun, upbeat number in this group of ballads, this Stevie Wonder classic is fun, a great bop to dance to, and a perfect description of what it feels like to finally find someone who you love and trust.
- “Sea of Love” by Cat Power. This song can be quite emotional but the lyrics are so powerful and it paints a beautiful picture of what love does to your emotions and how hard it can be to accurately put into words how much someone means to you.
- “Fantasy” by Mariah Carey Another fun one. This Mariah Carey jam is all about being totally obsessed with someone when you fall in love and freaking out over everything that they do and say. I think we can all relate to that feeling of being so smitten with someone that you don’t even know what to do with yourself.
- “Love on Top” by Beyonce Ending on a super high note, this Beyonce hit is such a fun song about falling in love and realizing that the person you’re with is the only person you ever want to be with for the rest of your life. It’s such an amazing feeling when you know you’ve found your person and they are it for you, and Queen Bey does a great job of putting that feeling into words.