In this day and age, dating and technology are totally linked, for better or for worse. If you’re currently dating, texting is a likely a huge part of your communication. Some people are better at texting than others, but I’m gonna come out and say it: generally, men kind of suck at texting. Yeah, I went there. And this isn’t to say that all women are amazing at it; both sides have their issues. But we need to focus on the 5 most annoying guy texting habits, because someone’s gotta say it.
- He stops responding. Ladies, how many times has this happened to you? You’re texting a guy, and it seems like things are going great — and then he just disappears. No warning, no explanation, just gone. Was it you? Did you do something? Probably not, but you’ll never know. Guys, stop doing this. If you’re not feeling it, just tell us. We can handle it.
- He gives you one-word answers. I’m not asking that guys text paragraphs or essays explaining their feelings. All I’m asking is something more than, “K.” I don’t know if there’s anything more annoying than texting someone a chunk of text and getting back the dreaded monosyllabic “K.” Other examples of dreaded short texts? “IDK”, “OK”, “Cool”, or “haha.”
- He sends unsolicited penis pics. Why do guys do this? Why? Guys, unless you’ve been specifically asked for photos of your junk, do not send photos of your junk. No one wants to see it. It’s not sexy. It’s not hot. It’s just odd.
- He begs you for nudes. It’s a really gross feeling when you’re texting a guy and he starts begging you for nudes. It’s a totally different story if you’re both on the same page, and are both comfortable with sending naked pics — it’s your body, and your decision. But if you’re suddenly being hit with multiple texts saying, “Boobs plz”, that’s just uncool.
- He takes a mad long time to respond. I’ll be the first to admit that women tend to read too much into texts — so guys, help us out a little and just respond to the freakin’ text. Because we’ll not only read into what you write, we’ll also read into how long it took for you to write it. We’ll try not to agonize, and we’ll try not to ask our friends, “Why hasn’t he responded?!” and they’ll try not to throttle us, so just take the 5 minutes to send off a response.
Again, guys, I’m well aware that women do these things too (minus the penis pics), but if you do better, we’ll do better. Deal?