Guys love calling women “crazy.” While there are times the label might be warranted, it’s often just a convenient way for them to discredit us when we’re being challenging. Here are 5 reasons being called “crazy” might just be a compliment:
- You speak your mind. It’s no secret that men hate confrontation and will pretty much do anything within their power to avoid it. They hate debating certain issues if your opinion on a subject differs from theirs. It’s much easier for them to dismiss you as crazy instead of trying to understand your point of view. But who cares? All this means is that you are a strong, independent woman like Beyoncé – and don’t you want to be Beyoncé?
- You refuse to hide your emotions. We all get angry, sad, happy jealous… you get the drift. While that sounds normal to most women, it can seem manic to men. Even if you try, it’s impossible to be happy or pretend like everything is okay all of the time. Women who don’t keep their emotions bottled up and try to express themselves are often called crazy. Take that as a compliment. You’re in touch with your feelings and when you recognize them, you’re able to release them faster. By not repressing your emotions, you’re preventing an emotional meltdown.
- You’re not a pushover. It’s never attractive to be a doormat, but guys also like it when you can be easily convinced that they’re right. When you stand your ground and refuse to change your values or opinions based on who you’re dating, it can lead to being labeled with the “c-word”. Oh well! You should never change anything for anyone other than yourself.
- You’d rather be different than like everybody else. Anyone who marches to the beat of their own drum is usually thought to be a bit insane, but it’s the people who aren’t afraid to be the lone wolf – the ones that stands out from the pack – that are usually the most brilliant. Of course people call you crazy – you’re dreaming of things that other people’s mind’s can’t even begin to conceive. Being called crazy means that you’re a forward thinker, an innovator, someone with an open mind. There’s nothing worse than being like everybody else.
- You don’t follow the rules. Everyone says you’re supposed to wait for him to text you after your first date, right? But why should a confident woman wait for anything or anyone? You’re driven in your career and you’re used to pursuing your dreams, so you apply the same fortitude to dating. This may scare some guys away, but that’s just a blessing in disguise. You don’t want to be with a guy who doesn’t understand you and like you for who you really are. You know what you want and that’s a hell of a lot more than most people in this world.