Most of the time, we like to think that women do the majority of the eye-rolling in a relationship. After all, guys do and say a lot ridiculous crap. However, there are also times where women are the ones being ridiculous, and though they may not do it to your face, guys are rolling their eyes constantly whenever they hear women saying the following:
- “I’m not like other girls.” EVERY woman has said this before… which means we’re all alike. If all women say it, how can it possibly be true? Women just like to think we’re special and that we really are different from everyone else. We all think we’re going to be able to change him, or we all think we’re going to make him fall in love with us, or whatever it is that would make us feel all fuzzy and warm inside. In actuality, men hear this from every girl they’re with, and they don’t believe it for a second.
- “I’m fine.” No, you are not. You really aren’t. Whenever men hear a woman say she’s fine, they roll their eyes because they know the exact opposite is true. And they know they’re in deep crap. “I’m fine” can mean either we want the guy to GTFO and stop talking to us, or it can mean we want him to keep asking us if we’re sure we’re fine until we finally feel ready to tell him the truth. Of course, it depends on our mood. See why guys hate when we say that? It’s annoying.
- “What should we do tomorrow?” Or similarly, “What do you want to get for dinner?” Because the answer is, “Whatever YOU want to do or eat.” That’s the only answer men are allowed to have. They know their opinions don’t matter anymore and that everything’s easier if they just let us make all the decisions. Ladies, don’t bother even asking them anymore, because deep down, you know if they want something you don’t want, it’s not going to happen, anyway.
- “Have fun.” This phrase scares men, mostly because they know it’s payback for not inviting us out with them wherever they’re going in the first place. When we tell our guys to have fun, what we really mean is that they should not have fun. Instead, they should feel horrible and guilty all night because they left their girlfriend at home. Men know this, and that’s why they cringe when we say it. They know they’ll probably also get the cold shoulder later if they were to admit they actually had fun.
- “Do I look fat in this?” The honest answer to this question really doesn’t matter, so stop trying to trap your guy – he’s not that stupid. We all ask our guys this question all the time and it just makes them roll their eyes because they’ll always have the same response, whether they’re lying or not. “Of course you don’t. You’re not fat at all.” Duh. Also, they’re tired of constantly having to address our insecurities every time we pass another attractive woman on the street, which happens quite often and sucks every time.
- “How was your day?” Guys would love to run away as soon as they hear you utter this, but they know you’ve trapped them. So, they tell you their day was fine, wait a few seconds until you start frantically batting your eyelashes at them, and then ask you how yours was, because they’re gentlemen like that. They know you’re just dying to tell them all about what Stacy said to Monica about what’s-her-face and her boyfriend Mr. I-don’t-give-a-crap. They just want it to be over and done with as soon as possible, which should be in another hour or so.