In an ideal world, we’d all have the perfect partner of our dreams. In real life, many of us end up dating people who are not worth our time because our dating standards are low. As hard as it is to believe, your zodiac sign actually influences your dating tastes and whether you have unshakable standards that you hold all your partners to or you’re the kind of person who settles for anyone.
- Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21) This sign is easy-going. They can find something likable in just about anyone because they have such large and kind hearts. Sagittarians have commitment issues so they tend to date people they’re likely to not get attached to. They’re often blinded by beauty rather than noticing the actual qualities of a person before jumping into a relationship with them. They will put up with toxic situations longer than necessary as long as they’re dating a pretty face. Their dating history is mostly full of poor decisions and they find it hard to break out of this cycle because they think it keeps them from getting seriously hurt.
- Capricorn (December 22 – January 19) People born under this sign hold themselves to incredibly high standards, but they tend to loosen the reins when it comes to people they date. Sometimes they get tired of playing it safe, so they date people who are completely unsuitable for them just to bring a little surprise and excitement into their lives. Even though Capricorns have traditional values, they might enter into relationships that have no long-term potential. Since they’re fiercely independent and intimidating, they think that dating someone who is unpredictable might help balance out their strong personalities.
- Aquarius (January 20 – February 18) The problem with Aquarians is that big displays of emotion make them feel like a fish out of water so they avoid them altogether. Instead of trying to build a strong emotional connection with one person, they’d rather juggle several casual partners because it means little to no passion-fueled drama. An Aquarius might forget that they actually deserve better in relationships and keep returning to the ex who broke their heart instead of moving on to someone better. This sign is great when it comes to flirting and when they fall in love, they fall hard. They don’t always know how to sever ties so they keep repeating the same old dating mistakes.
- Pisces (February 19 – March 20) Love means a lot to Pisces, but they end up dating people who aren’t worthy of their love. They will forgive their partners for a lot of crap and will hardly complain even when they’re being treated poorly. Pisces are known for being overly kind, sweet, and compassionate and they often get taken advantage of in romantic relationships because of this. They will do everything in their power to make their partners happy and satisfied, without putting their own needs into consideration. While this can be a good quality, it often blinds to their partner’s misdeeds. It takes a whole lot of betrayal and toxicity to get Pisces to say enough is enough and walk away from a bad relationship.
- Aries (March 21 – April 19) With all the things going on in the life of Aries and their trademark impatience, they simply don’t want to waste time searching for the right partner, so they’ll just date anyone that comes their way. They claim to have high standards but they’re really just pretending. They usually fall in love with people who are beneath them, and quickly too. Aries get into relationships with people who make them feel temporarily alert and alive even if those relationships do not make them happy. They typically end up with partners that are lack ambition, have no career, and come with a lot of emotional baggage.
- Libra (September 23 – October 22) It’s not uncommon for a Libra to date someone they don’t like or get along with just because they’re good-looking. This is because they’re a very superficial sign and often spend time focused on the wrong things rather. Instead of getting to know the people they date on an intimate level, learning their interests and values, Libras would rather focus on the physical appearance of their dates or some other trivial quality. They might overlook every obvious compatibility issue just because they’re having fun at that moment.