For us hopeless romantics, every first date that we go on is an opportunity to meet our soulmate and fall head over heels in love. We want an epic romance, and while it’s unlikely to happen, that won’t keep us from dreaming of being on the receiving end of these amazing grand gestures:
- Having a first kiss in the rain. There’s something super special romantic about kissing in the rain, and we have our romance bible The Notebook to thank for that. We would love a first kiss in the middle of a downpour. It’s not the daily goodbye peck before work or a Netflix and chill make-out session — it’s out of the ordinary.
- Being surprised with a beach getaway. We’re basically always ready for a vacation, thanks to our busy schedules and crazy lives. We would pretty much want to marry someone who planned a beach trip for us, right down to booking the hotel and plane tickets and calling our bosses to secure the best time off work. Drinking cocktails on the beach while the sun goes down? Ugh, yes.
- A helicopter ride above our city on Valentine’s Day. Maybe we watch too much reality TV, but we really think that being surprised with helicopter trip would be super romantic. It’s a new way of seeing the place that we live, and would be a total bonding experience, too.
- A Christmas Eve proposal. We want to get married, of course — you can’t really be a true hopeless romantic and not want to walk down the aisle someday. Obviously we have our dream proposal mapped out already, and it definitely has to take place on Christmas Eve. That’s the most magical day ever.
- A fairy tale elopement. Sure, we want a wedding out of a storybook because that’s just how we roll. But our ultimate fantasy? Eloping with our true love. It’s spontaneous and adventurous and an experience just for the two of us. Of course, we would still have a lavish and sophisticated ceremony later. We would never give that up.
- A birthday scavenger hunt. What would be the ultimate birthday present? Having our boyfriend plan a super fun, exciting day with clues at all our favorite spots from our go-to brunch place to that bar that serves those killer fries we’re obsessed with. We want someone who really knows us, and this would prove it. Plus no one seems to make any effort in dating these days, so this would be the ultimate.
- A candlelit dinner that our BF made. This is super classic and that’s just what makes it so romantic. Plus there’s the fact that we’re not exactly a gen known for our culinary skills. If our boyfriend makes an effort to skip the take-out pepperoni pizza and makes us a meal, we’re going to be forever smitten. If there are candles involved, we’re basically going to be in hopeless romantic heaven.