As exciting as it is to be in a new relationship, it also requires some hard work, especially once the honeymoon phase is over. If you want your relationship to last, you definitely shouldn’t be doing any of these things:
- Talking to other people about your problems. Instead of complaining about your relationship problems to other people, it really should be him that you’re talking to. Don’t go around telling people your business, because that totally leaves out his side of the story. Talk to your boyfriend and get to the root of the problem so you can actually fix it.
- Shutting him out emotionally. As much as you wish he knew how you felt on the inside, he’s not a mind reader. Sometimes, we expect people to figure out what’s wrong with us without having to tell them, but it doesn’t work that way. You have to open up and tell him what’s going on so that he actually knows. Don’t shut him out emotionally.
- Taking your emotions out on him. We all have bad days and need to decompress, but he’s not your human punching bag. A person can only handle so much. It’s fine to tell him how you feel and vent about how your day went, but don’t take your emotions out on him when it’s really got nothing to do with him.
- Blaming him for things that aren’t his fault. When you make him the scapegoat for everything, you’re bringing a whirlwind of problems into your relationship where they don’t belong. Bad things happen and you shouldn’t point fingers at him just because he’s right in front of you.
- Not giving him space when he asks for it. When a man asks for space, just give him space. Men tend to deal with their problems differently than women do, so smothering him until he tells you what’s wrong won’t do you any good. Let him cool off and he’ll come to you when he is ready.
- Losing your sense of trust. Trust is the foundation of any relationship, and it’s very difficult to get back once it’s lost. Don’t do anything to betray his trust, and if he does something to betray yours, then you have to make the choice of either putting it behind you and working to rebuild or just walking away completely.
- Making him the center of your entire universe. As involved as you may be in your relationship, don’t make your relationship into your entire life. In life, you need balance, which means you need other people and other things to make you happy aside from him. Don’t lose yourself in the relationship. and don’t make him the center of your universe.