Serial daters are often dating a lot of different people because they haven’t yet found someone who stands out and deserves their undivided attention. They often want a serious relationship, but it needs to be the right guy. I’ll be a serial dater until I meet someone who I feel hell yes about because I don’t believe in settling for anything less than that. To lock down a serial dater, you’ll have to show her why you’re better than her other options. Here are 7 ways for men to make women want to leave the dating scene and settle down into a proper relationship.
- Find common ground. It’s much easier to form a connection or special bond with someone if you share things in common. Your next girlfriend could be that girl you always seem to cross paths with because she goes to the same gym as you or works in the same building as you. For example, if you’re always crossing paths with someone because their lifestyle is similar to yours, that’s a really great start. Sharing common interests helps in a relationship as well, so get to know what she’s passionate about and you’ll get a leg up in the competition.
- Execute a grand gesture. You’re not going to stand out among her other options if you don’t put extra effort into your pursuit of her. Grand gestures such as a well-thought-out surprise date, or a bouquet of flowers sent to her office are examples of gestures that will set you apart from her other suitors.
- Never stop courting her and don’t get lazy in your pursuit of her. If you’re the guy who keeps pursuing her in a determined but romantic nature, you’ll stand out. If you’re the guy who knows how to court a woman, she’ll appreciate it because she’s likely also dated passive men who are casual and noncommittal. Just like you shouldn’t be lazy when it comes to your personal fitness, you also shouldn’t be lazy when it comes to your pursuit of a woman.
- Be open and honest. If she knows exactly where she stands with you because you’ve been open and honest about your intentions and about how into her you are, you’ll stand out as someone she can trust. Once she trusts you, she’ll feel more comfortable with you in comparison to the other men she’s dating who are passive, indirect and leave her wondering how they feel. Being direct will set you apart from your competition.
- Ask her to be your girlfriend. This is big one. If you want to lock down a serial dater, you can’t forget to ask her to be your girlfriend. You need to make it clear that you don’t want to see other people, and not only ask her to be exclusive but tell her why you want to be her man.
- Remember the little things. If you remembered that she had a big meeting about a possible promotion at work and you ask her how that meeting went, she’ll greatly appreciate that you were listening and cared enough to follow up. If she ends up getting the promotion and you remember to plan something to celebrate the fact that she got it, you’ll score major brownie points.
- Be nice to her friends. If you meet her friends for the first time during a night out, take the time to chat with them and make sure you’re friendly so that they like you and have good things to say about you. Buy them all a round of drinks and they’ll like you even more. If her friends have met more than one of the guys she’s dating, and you’re the one they’re rooting for, it’ll help her realize you’re the best option when it comes to who she wants to be in a relationship with.