When we first start dating someone, we’re careful not to rush into any serious conversations too soon, so we keep our cool and act like we aren’t asking ourselves the infamous “Where Is This Going?” question. We can only put off discussing the serious topics that could either make or break a relationship for so long until we eventually crack. We need the assurance that we haven’t been investing months or years into a dead-end relationship, and we shouldn’t have to beg for that. Here are some things men need to be more straightforward about from the beginning.
- If they’re just interested in hooking up. There’s a fine line between booty call and boyfriend. The guys we’re hooking up with may not necessarily be interested in anything more than just the physical aspect. If we’re just a hook up buddy to them, then they should let us know.
- Actually liking us. After a while, playing the game gets really tiring. We get to a point where we just want them to flat out tell us if they like us or not. It will help us sleep better at night instead of tossing and turning, trying to decode every text message to see if they drop a hint that they really are interested.
- If they’re dating other people. We don’t know if they’ve actually deleted their online dating accounts or if they’re still swiping left and right. Although they may make us feel special, we may not be the only one.
- Being exclusive. Although exclusivity should be implied, it’s often not anymore. The days of men asking women to be their girlfriend are slowly going down the drain. Women are often the ones that have to take the leap of faith and ask men if it’s a proper relationship, and it shouldn’t have to come to that.
- Wanting a long-term relationship. It’s tough to not scare a man away when it’s just the beginning, but eventually, we want to know if this is just a fling or if it’s actually leading to something.
- How they feel about marriage. If we’re on the hunt for a husband and the man we’re with either isn’t ready or doesn’t want to get married, then this is pertinent information for us to know. Otherwise, we’ll be waiting years for someone that was never going to commit to us.
- If they ever want kids. This topic is one that can be saved for later down the road, but we do need to be on the same page with someone that we’re investing our time into. We want to make sure that we both have the same end goals and we shouldn’t compromise wanting children for a man that doesn’t want them.