Your life up until now has been full of relationships that turned out to be a mistake — after all, you broke up for a reason. When you finally find a healthy relationship, you may not even realize it. You may be so used to things going wrong that you haven’t stopped to notice how amazing your relationship truly is. Here are 7 signs you’ve found the right guy:
- You don’t harbor resentment. In past relationships, you would stew over every little thing, then blow up weeks later, bringing up the past. But now? Whenever you have an argument — and they do still happen — it’s easy to make up and move on.
- He notices when you’re unhappy. It doesn’t even have to be about the relationship. You could come home after an incredibly stressful day at work and he’ll notice immediately. Get ready for a backrub or a cup of tea, because he’s going to do what he can to make you feel better.
- You’re both on the same page. You want the same things in life. You’re both super happy in the relationship and in love. No one-sided love for you. He’s just as excited to see you as you are to see him.
- He roots for you. He wants you to succeed and he wants you to be happy. He’s on board and supportive when you make big life decisions, like quitting the job you hate or finally going back to school. You always know that you have his support.
- You can do things apart. There are no guilt trips from either of you if you have a night apart. After all, a healthy relationship doesn’t have the codependency that cripples other couples. Best of all, neither of you stew in jealousy because you trust each other whole-heartedly.
- You can talk about anything. There are no subjects that are off-limits. You talk about your fears, your hopes and your dreams. You know that you can come to each other when something’s bothering you.
- You’re the happiest you’ve ever been. You thought previous relationships were good, but nothing compares to how you feel now. Finally you feel complete and loved. This is what they make movies and write books about–and you finally have it.