Let’s face it: being single gets tougher with age. More and more of our friends are walking down the aisle, and we’re left wondering when our prince charming is going to come along or if he may have just gotten lost somewhere along the way. So, in the meantime, we have those certain guys that we keep around as fillers until our Prince Charming finally finds us. We don’t know what we would do without them, but we do know that we’re glad they are there for us when we need them. These are the seven types of guys we keep around as a backup.
- The Unforgettable Hookup. You know that guy who’s the first on your booty call list? The one that you always end up texting when you’re drunk and you’re are in the midst of making a terrible decision? The one that you can barely keep your hands off of whenever you see him? That’s what this guy is for.
- The Intense Conversationalist. One thing that women love to do is talk about their feelings… or talk about anything, really. Whenever you get into the zone of discussing some sort of long, in-depth conversation about life and the universe, you call this guy. You love talking to him about anything and everything. It’s a strong connection, however, that’s the only time you want him around.
- The Ex-Boyfriend. It’s hard not to question what could have been in a past relationship. When it’s over, you always have that question in the back of your mind about whether you should have stayed together or if it was better that you split . You check up on him once in a while just to see how he is doing and if there is any little spark left to potentially re-ignite.
- The Shoulder To Cry On. This is the guy that knows all of our boy drama. We tell him everything from our one-night stands to how we got our heart broken by the last guy. He’s always there for us and willing to listen to us vent and offer “comfort”, if you know what I mean.
- The Guy We Use To Make Other Guys Jealous. There’s always that friend of ours who has some kind of magnetic charm to him; the kind of guy that is impossible to not like. He’s Mr. Popular. We don’t know if it’s his good looks or just his overall confidence, but whatever it is, it helps make us look better, too. He’s basically our wing-man.
- The Plus One. This guy is the life of the party. You can always count on him to be the date to your company party, wedding, or just to have an extra body to bring when hanging out with all of your couple friends. There isn’t necessarily anything between the two of you, but he’s just fun to be around and you genuinely enjoy his company.
- The Almost-Lover. We always have that one almost-lover, that huge miss. For some reason, your schedules never aligned because the timing wasn’t right. You may have had that one amazing night, but it just never materialized into an actual relationship. Yet, you still think about him from time to time. You wonder if you missed your chance or if lightning can strike twice.