We don’t want to admit it but we sometimes fall for players. Maybe it’s the challenge that draws us in. Can you be the one to tame a notoriously untameable man? Plus, there’s a fun side to engaging with a player on his own turf, and as long as you know what you’re getting yourself into, you can maybe even come out on top. Here are some ways you can beat a player at his own game – yes, really:
- Call him out on it. Hey, it can work if you’ve got the guts to do it. He’s so used to seeing every woman fall at his feet just for the chance to get with him, and he’s good at what he does. He might appreciate the unexpected challenge of meeting a woman who calls him out on his BS. Let him know you see exactly what he’s doing, and while you can appreciate the effort it takes, you’re no fool. Wait and see just how long he can resist that.
- Pretend. Two can play that game. If you know what you want out of the interaction, you can always play along. Let him charm you with the same lines he uses on every other girl, and you can arrange the situation to your liking. Fooling him into thinking he’s fooling you can be satisfying.
- Be a free agent. He’s not feeling tied down to anything, and neither should you. You’re free to play the field just as widely as you want to. Don’t let him think you’re making the mistake of sitting by your phone, waiting for him to call. No matter how much or how little you date besides him, make sure he knows you’re out there doing your own thing, too.
- Give him a taste of his own medicine. It might even be a good thing to take him down a peg or two. Consider it your public service to the rest of the women he might encounter. You’re out for fun, not a ring, and you can give him as much of his own medicine as you’d like. Don’t take his calls for a week, flatter him with compliments the next – whatever plays he tries to run on you, turn them right back.
- Don’t give him the time of day. Nothing makes a player madder than watching someone fail to succumb to his charms. Give him your back and walk away, and he’ll be falling all over himself to figure out how his game went wrong that day. He considers it a matter of pride, and you’re the one who’ll be bringing him to his knees.
- Stay honest. Players are allergic to brutal honesty. It’s like their kryptonite. They can’t take it when it’s directed at them. Be straight with him, and he’ll either crumble or rise to the occasion. You might be surprised at the man you find when the player gets taken out of the equation.
- Refuse to play. This is always an option, and one you can’t forget. You can always just refuse to engage in the games. Your time is your own, and if you’re not feeling it at the moment, you’re the one who can end the situation and get yourself out of his orbit. By refusing to play at all, you’ve beaten him at his own game.