Cheap or even free dates can be almost as fun as the kind that costs a lot of money and take tons of planning. In fact, ones that are inexpensive or cost nothing atall can be even more fun because you and your partner can feel more relaxed in trying new things. Depending on where you live, you can find a wide variety of options for free or cheap dates to go on with your partner (or the person you hope will eventually be your partner).
- Visit a part of your city that neither of you is familiar with. It doesn’t even have to be your city. It could be a city that’s close by or a town that you drive by on the way to another place but you’ve never stopped by. Small towns often have some interesting and quirky attractions! And if you live in a big city, there are always places you’ve never been to. Go for a walk or a drive and find things you’ve never seen before!
- Go to a farmers market and sample food. Farmers markets are awesome. You don’t even need to spend money to enjoy them! Lots of the booths at farmers markets offer free samples of things like cheese, honey, crackers, fruits, and more. You can make a day of it. You might discover something you really love and end up buying something or you can just store the information away for later.
- Go hiking. If you love the outdoors, there’s nothing like a hike with your loved one. Even if you aren’t sure if you like hiking, you can start with a short trail. Hiking trails range from easy to intermediate to complex so make sure you aren’t taking on more than you can handle. Bring a picnic lunch to add a romantic meal in the fresh air.
- Spend the day at the beach. If the weather is right, a beach day is inexpensive and fun. Grab your bathing suits and splash in the water. Build a sandcastle. Chase minnows. Picnic on the sand (food makes everything more awesome right?) Keep in mind that beach days aren’t just for warm weather. On a cool day, you’ll have a completely different experience and you’re more likely to have the beach to yourself.
- Host a couples’ game night. Game nights are meant for fun. Some games can be played with only two people, but when you add other couples in you’re sure to have some laughs. Make it even more interesting by playing a game you’ve never heard of before. Head to a consignment store or a used good store and you can find games that are from a different generation and they cost almost nothing. Or, if you want to find some unique games, log in to eBay!
- Look for free events. Almost every city has free events throughout the year. There tend to be more of them in the warmer months, but don’t stop looking in winter. You can find free events advertised on Facebook, your local newspaper, and in community groups. Free events give you the chance to try things you’ve never done before and see if you like them.
- Go to the mall and play people-watching bingo. People watching bingo is a fun game that you can play by yourself or with other people. You can download or print free bingo cards online from various sources and all you have to do is find a comfortable bench to sit on and watch for the people on your cards. Choose a funky present or maybe a sexy present to make the game more interesting.
- Record the story of your love. If you end up getting married and having children and grandchildren, wouldn’t it be great to have a recording of your love story? You can use audio or video to record it. You can even make it public for your friends and family with a website or a free video/audio hosting site. Just sit down and tell stories. You can do it one at a time or you can do it together. Talk about the first time you met, your first kiss, your first fight, how the marriage proposal went, or anything else that others will enjoy.