As women, we’re often drawn to alpha males for primal reasons: their raw sex appeal and aggressive demeanors appeal to us in ways we can’t control. It’s easy to forget sometimes that there are other kinds of guys in the world who may be a better match for us in the search for true love. Beta males are often overlooked because they’re not as flashy or arrogant, but they have so many qualities that make them terrific boyfriends:
- They don’t have huge egos.We’ve all dated that guy who spends more time looking at his own reflection in the mirror than he spends looking at the woman he’s with. Alpha males tend to treat women like accessories in their self-centered world, whereas beta males treat their woman like she’s the center of their world (because she is).
- They’re more romantic.Alpha males are afraid to be too romantic because they’re embarrassed about how it might look in the eyes of their friends. They don’t want to be seen as weak or “whipped.” Beta males, on the other hand, love being romantic and don’t care if someone else thinks it’s lame.
- They’re more attentive and giving.For those of us who are used to dating alpha males, we’re used to being further down on his priority list than we’d like. Beta males are completely different; they understand the real value of a woman and like to show us how much we mean to them on a regular basis by giving us a lot of positive attention. Once we’ve experienced the affection of a beta male, it would be unthinkable to go back to being a non-priority.
- They’re more likely to want a serious commitment.Alpha males are overly concerned about appearances, because it’s in their nature to want to have the most socially sought-after partner, and this mindset leads to both the player mentality and the cheater mentality. Beta males, on the other hands, are more likely to be seeking a true commitment and less likely to care how that commitment is perceived from the outside; it’s nobody’s business except the two people involved.
- They appreciate positive attention in the same way we do.Beta males aren’t as accustomed to receiving positive female attention, so they genuinely appreciate it in the same way we do. It gets exhausting giving attention to alpha males who act like it’s not only unimportant but owed to them; the appreciation of a kind beta male makes us never want to waste our affection again.
- They’re more likely to be OK with staying in together.For those of us who don’t feel the need to attend every social event, it gets exhausting dating alpha males because they tend to be social butterflies who don’t want to miss anything. The beta males aren’t as crowd-oriented, so they’ll enjoy the quiet evenings at home together just as much as we do.
- They’re more passionate in bed.While the raw, animalistic nature of the alpha male is an initial turn-on, their technique can be lacking sometimes because they’ve already accomplished their goal of having sex. Beta males have a passion all their own in bed, and they want to please the person they’re with, which is much more satisfying in the end.
- They prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that good guys do exist.After dating a string of jerks, we tend to get to a point where the existence of Bigfoot seems more plausible than the existence of good guys. Beta males are the undeniable proof that those mythical creatures known as good guys do exist, and they’re worth all the hell we went through when we see how great life and love can really be.