For so many couples, “date night” means actually going out, but that doesn’t have to be the case. A night in with just you and your boyfriend can be just the thing you need to keep your relationship alive. If you’re tired of getting dressed up and leaving the house, here are some great reasons to stay in tonight:
- You’ll save money. Going out is expensive — there’s no question about that. The food in your fridge is free (well, you already paid for it), and it’s lot cheaper to pick up a 24-pack than paying at least $5 a beer at the bar.
- You can enjoy some alone time together. You finally get to be truly alone with your boyfriend — no waitress, no other customers, no friends, no family. Finally, some real one-on-one time with your one and only.
- You can actually communicate. You can talk without having to scream at each other over loud music and people. Plus, you don’t have the general distractions of a public atmosphere. You can focus on each other and truly invest in what your partner is saying.
- You can have way more sex. There’s no waiting until you get home tonight, because you’re already there. Your bed is just a few feet away and there’s no public indecency law holding you back.
- You can be comfortable. Is there anything comfier than your own couch? Restaurants full of un-cushioned seats and backless bar stools don’t exactly scream relaxation, so skip the aches and pains and sink into your sofa.
- You’ll lower your stress levels. On a weekend night, the bars, restaurants, movies, and pretty much everywhere outside of your house is going to be packed. That means long waits and slow service, so avoid the frustration and let your night depend on you.
- You can engaged in all the PDA you’d like. You can cuddle and kiss as much as you want without affecting the public’s gag reflex. At home you don’t have to worry about being rude to prying eyes or general indecency. There are no rules, so keep your bodies close all night long.
- You’ll just feel better. Just being home, relaxing on your own furniture, can seriously improve your attitude. If you’ve had a long week, it’s good to just have some down time with your boyfriend. So put your feet up and settle in with your favorite person.
Whether you’re cooking at home or getting your favorite take-out, staying in can be just the thing you need to stay connected to your partner. Take a night off from nights out, snuggle up in the privacy of your own home, and submerge yourself in your partner like never before.