In the never-ending gender battle, women have had the short end of the stick for centuries. After a seemingly endless fight to secure more equal rights for ourselves — a battle that’s still ongoing, sadly — the world is finally starting to realize how capable, talented, and badass we really are. It’s a great time to be a woman, and we have a lot to be thankful for.
- We’re tough enough to handle just about anything without losing our cool. Women are built tough. We withstand miserable periods, childbirth and everything else life throws our way and yet we remain not only functioning, but also kicking ass. If you haven’t taken the time to appreciate just how strong you are, give yourself a pat on the back and treat yourself to something nice because you deserve it!
- At the same time, we’re the loving, sympathetic nurturers of the world. The world we’re living in is rough, and it requires a unique combination of strength and compassion to survive it ourselves and help others get through, as well. As women, we’re naturally endowed with that compassion and instinct to nurture, which balances out our badass characteristics perfectly.
- Without us, the human race would literally die out. You really can’t get more important than that. Guys like to think they’d be fine without us, but they know it’s not true. Plus, I can’t speak from personal experience but I’ve been told numerous times that having children is one of the most rewarding experiences life can offer. It’s an adventure I’m pretty excited to embark on at some point.
- We make everything around us beautiful. There’s a huge difference between a guy’s bachelor pad and his married home, and that difference is a woman. We like to be surrounded by beauty and sentimental items, so we take more of an interest in decorating and making sure our homes look nice. Some guys don’t like to admit it, but that’s valuable because it gives life a little added perk.
- We can always come up with the best, most efficient way to do something. Because we’re juggling careers, hobbies, friends, family, and our love lives, we’re too busy to spend longer than necessary doing anything. For that reason, we’re extremely innovative, and that’s something to be thankful for because it makes life so much easier.
- We have a tendency to spread joy and make people smile wherever we go. We don’t like to see people struggling or unhappy, so we’re always trying to make people smile by any means possible. When we’re able to pick up someone’s mood, it makes us happy too. Our souls automatically connect with those around us, and that’s truly a gift.
- We go the extra mile to make ourselves and everything around us smell good. Smell is one of the most important senses because it can invoke desire or repulsion. We like perfume, air fresheners, and scented candles because they make ourselves and our environments more desirable to be around. If you’ve ever spent any time in a frat house, you know exactly how valuable that extra mile can be.
- We’re a huge influence on the next generation. This is especially true of Millennial women. While many previous generations were still tearing down the obstacles that were in their way, we’re one of the first generations of women for which the sky is the limit. Young girls today see us getting loads of college degrees and becoming wildly successful in business, and it inspires them to dream big. Likewise, young boys see the same thing and grow up learning to respect women for all that we are. Never underestimate the value of your success or how it influences the leaders of tomorrow.