It can be really frustrating when a guy is giving you mixed signals. One of the biggest and possibly most angering mixed signals a guy can send is that he’s jealous of you moving on and trying to get to know any other guys when the two of you aren’t even together. Maybe you’ve broken up with each other or maybe you were never really together, but either way, he doesn’t want to be with you like that. Then why is getting all jealous and acting weird about you dating anyone else? Here are some signs to look out for.
- He calls a lot to check up on you. If he’s calling or texting you a lot, especially in the evenings or on the weekends, it’s possible that he’s suspicious that you might be seeing a new guy and he’s trying to infringe on your alone time with him. He’s not interested in dating you but he’s trying to drive a wedge between you and someone new? What’s up with that? Time to put your phone on do not disturb when you’re out with someone new.
- He’s always curious to know what your plans are. He might claim that he doesn’t have those kind of feelings for you, but if he always wants to know who you’re with and where you’re going all the time, he’s certainly still jealous to an extent and interested in your personal life. You can approach the situation however you want, whether you tell him what you’ve been up to or not. Just know that this guy has no say-so in what you do and who you see.
- He cyberstalks you. If he stalks your social media accounts excessively, it’s a definite sign that he is obsessed with what you’re doing and who you’re doing it with. He might not verbalize it to you, but if you happen to see his profile lurking around your stories, there’s a good chance he wants to know if you’re dating anyone knew because he’s probably not happy about that.
- He discourages you from dating. If he tries to talk you out of going out with anyone else by feeding you crap like, “You need to focus on yourself” or “You’re too good for any of the guys around here” but doesn’t make any moves to try to date you himself, he’s simply trying to keep you single because he just doesn’t want to see you with anyone else. Just ignore comments like these. If you want to go out and date and meet new people, who’s to say you can’t?
- He criticizes every guy that you’re into. If you find that he’s constantly knocking any of the guys that you’re talking to or seeing, it could be a sign that he’s jealous, but there’s a difference between being jealous because he wants you and just not wanting anyone else to have you. If he’s angry at the idea of you being in a new relationship, he’s going to try to put doubts in your head any chance he can get and try to sway you from dating anyone new.
- He tries to sabotage your relationships. If he takes it even a step further and makes attempts to sabotage or ruin your relationships, he obviously doesn’t want you dating anyone else but, if he tries to mess up your connections with guys and then just walks away or doesn’t make any attempts to win you over, he’s just being a jerk and trying to squash your happiness. Men always want what they can’t have, but the second they think they’ve won, they’re bored and want to move on. It’s the worst.
- He pretends to want you back. This has got to be one of the cruelest things a guy can do in an attempt to keep you away from other guys. If he makes you believe that he wants to get back together with you or that he has feelings for you to try to sway you from going out with anyone else but then doesn’t follow through with what he says, he’s just playing games and messing with your head. You need to cut that toxic guy out of your life pronto!
- He tries to act like your big brother. Another sign that he doesn’t want you but he doesn’t want anyone else to have you is if he tries to play the role of your big brother by expressing concern or fear over you dating anyone else. He might condescend to you or act like he knows what’s best for you better than you know yourself and that’s just completely crazy. The bottom line is that, if there’s a guy in your life who seems to be jealous of any guy you date you but doesn’t make any move to share his feelings for you or try to get with you himself, he’s simply immature and has no place in your life. Time to say goodbye to him.