Even when we’re in a committed relationship, guys can’t always be counted on to be forthright with our feelings. Not only do we tend to keep quiet when we’re having strong feelings for you, we also sometimes find it hard to communicate when we’re angry about something you said or did. If you notice any of these signs, chances are your boyfriend is pissed off but just doesn’t want to say anything about it.
- He avoids one-on-one time. To be fair, this is also a sign that he’s checked out of the relationship and might break up with you. But if the relationship is stable, he’ll avoid one-on-one situations with you if he’s secretly mad. He might still care about you, but he won’t want to be alone with you if he’s upset about something. If he’s too busy for a date night or always pushing for group outings, he could be mad and trying to avoid you altogether.
- He’s not making conversation. In this instance, ahe won’t ignore you outright but he also won’t make much of an effort to talk to you. If he’s upset about something that you did, he won’t care to hear about your day or have a deep conversation. Fortunately, this should pass with time after he has time to forgive and forget. Of course, there are a lot of reasons why he might stay silent, but being mad at you is one of the likely options.
- He doesn’t smile. Not to put too much pressure on you, but you should be able to make your boyfriend smile. Even if he’s in a bad mood, you should be able to get some sign of a smile. But if all he gives you is a tense and expressionless face, it’s a clue that he’s angry. To be fair, it might not be you that’s making him mad, but if you can’t think of another reason and he’s always cross when you’re around, it could be you.
- He breaks a pattern. Good boyfriends are typically reliable and consistent. They develop patterns of little things they do to show that they care. If those things suddenly stop, there has to be a reason why. After all, it’s usually tough for men to break habits, even good ones. For example, if he makes you coffee just the way you like it every morning and he suddenly stops, it could be his passive-aggressive way of telling you that he’s mad.
- He’s “just kidding.” If he starts to follow up crass jokes or hurtful comments with “just kidding,” maybe he’s actually being more serious than he’s letting on. If he says something hurtful or insensitive, he might mean them deep down but says “just kidding” to cover his tracks. This could be his way of letting you know he’s upset without coming out and telling you how he really feels.
- Texts aren’t returned. You shouldn’t overreact to a guy’s texting habits, but if your boyfriend is usually quick to return your texts, if that stops being the case, something is up. You could consider this a change of pattern that could indicate he’s mad at you. After all, if your boyfriend is mad, he won’t be eager to return your texts. He’ll subconsciously want to keep you waiting as a small punishment. That means he won’t return your texts or try to claim that he never got them.
- He needs alone time. Again, you shouldn’t jump to conclusions with this. There are a lot of reasons why a guy might need alone time. However, if he does need time away from you, he might be secretly mad or reconsidering the relationship. Guys who are mad about their girlfriends tend to recede into themselves. No matter the issue, they want some time alone to work through it. Most of the time, they won’t want anyone else around while they’re trying to get a grip on things.
- There’s a lack of intimacy. Okay, so even when a guy is mad at his girlfriend, it’ll be hard for him to turn down sex. However, they will be less eager and excited to get intimate. He may not initiate things and he might not be that receptive to you trying to do so either. Unless there’s another explanation for a waning sex drive, a complete turnaround could indicate that your boyfriend is mad at you.