Going on one bad date after another is enough to make you want to throw in the towel entirely on finding love. There’s a point where it seems like every guy you meet is so far from boyfriend material it’s not even funny and it’s totally disheartening. Have you reached your limits? Here are 7 signs you’ve been on one too many crappy dates:
- Dating isn’t fun anymore — it’s a chore. You’d actually rather clean your bathtub for two hours or scrub your floors with a toothbrush. You’re beyond tired of sitting across from a stranger, coming up with things to talk about and wondering what you could be watching on Netflix. You’re exhausted just thinking about it.
- You don’t believe in magical first dates. There comes a point in every single woman’s dating life when you move beyond believing that a wonderful first date is possible. You start thinking that happy couples who swear they knew it was love on date #1 are total liars. You don’t think you can ever enjoy a drinks or dinner date, which is a pretty sad thought.
- You’re putting in the bare minimum effort. You barely use your dating apps anymore, and even if you happen to meet a guy that you would have found totally perfect a few months ago, you can barely muster up the excitement to go out with him. You stop trying to find dates, and when you do go on them, you sit there and listen instead of talking. Why put in the effort for the same awful result?
- You’re never your real self with a new guy, because why bother? It’s like you sit down and everything about you that makes you you — your weird sense of humor, your love of cheesy Lifetime movies, your workaholic tendencies — flies out the window. You can’t even remember what you did last weekend, let alone that funny anecdote that you usually pull out on dates when there’s an awkward silence. The crappy dates have totally ruined your chances of showing a new guy your true, amazing self.
- You look for any excuse to cut out early. The moment you spot the guy at the bar, you’re already out the door, at least mentally. You get bored super fast and judge guys way too harshly. One silly comment that you’d usually overlook is enough to make you want to just walk out.
- You dread dates instead of getting excited. What’s optimism? What’s hope and a belief in true love? You don’t know, because those things don’t exist in your dating life anymore. You leave for a date like you’re going to your execution. Because you kind of are. No, you don’t think that’s being too dramatic.
- You just can’t even. At the end of the day, you may not be 100% happy with being single, but you hate the idea of going on another crappy date so much that you’ll stay by yourself. You just can’t even with dating. You can’t swipe one more time, you can’t message another person who ignores you, and you seriously can’t take one more bad date.