February 14th is just around the corner, and you can’t wait until the last minute to plan the perfect day with your special someone. While you don’t necessarily need a special occasion to show your partner that you love him, here are some steps you can take to ensure you have the perfect Valentine’s Day:
- Decide what you want to do. Valentine’s Day isn’t just about you — it’s a day for your partner, as well. Make the event a discussion. If he’s planning to surprise you,, that’s great, but if you want to clue him in to the perfect date, that’s OK too.
- Plan your perfect evening. After you decide what exactly your special day will entail, it’s time to talk logistics. Plan your time accordingly to accommodate prep, travel time, and whatever you end up deciding to do. Know exactly when you need to be ready so you’re not stressing on the big day.
- Make a reservation. There’s no doubt about this one — the restaurants will be packed. Even the places that don’t normally take reservations will for Valentine’s Day. Unless you want to be waiting for hours or be turned away at the door, put your name on the list ASAP.
- Think about his favorites. Are you stocked up on his favorite perfume? Is there a certain color he loves on you? Sometimes the wow factor isn’t about anything new. Put some time and thought into what would make this day special for him and the added romance will be the perfect surprise. Hopefully he’s thinking of doing the same for you.
- Start shopping for your gifts. Whether you’ll be buying something new or making from scratch, the perfect gift is going to take a little thought. Starting early is always a plus. You don’t want to end up late and/or empty-handed because you didn’t consider shipping or have the time to finish your handmade gift. In this case, the early bird gets the perfect present.
- Think about your beauty routine. How will you be doing your makeup? Your hair? Whether you’re having a casual Valentine’s Day or a fancy night out, you’ll want to look your best. Make sure you’re stocked up on all of your favorite products and plan plenty of time for your beauty session.
- Flatter your figure. Some ladies love to strut a new dress on Valentine’s Day. Whether you’re going with something old or something new, you want his eyes to be on you. Wear that dress he loves that’s hanging right in your closet or spark his interest with something new in his favorite color. No matter how you look, he’ll find you irresistible because you care.
- Keep your expectations in check. Valentine’s Day can be quite hectic and stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. You can be excited for the day, but set reasonable expectations. At the end of the day, you should love your boyfriend because he tried, and it’s always the thought that counts.