Even if you haven’t had The Talk yet, there are plenty of ways to tell how your boyfriend really feels about you — you just have to know where to look. It’s not always about big declarations of love or eating Italian food by candlelight. If your new guy does any of these things, he’s in it for the long run:
- You share a Netflix account. You not only Netflix and chill together but you use the same username and password. That’s true love right there. In fact, it’s basically a marriage proposal in today’s world.
- You have more inside jokes than you can count. Guys won’t take the time to create inside jokes with someone they only see as a passing fling. If you two share tons of laughs that are just between you and your text convos make zero sense because of it, that’s a good sign. You’re creating a bond and that’s important.
- He plans as many dates as you do. Lazy guys who have no interest in a real girlfriend don’t want to plan dates. They let you do all the work and just basically show up when they have to. If your guy takes planning dates seriously and finds fun stuff for you to do, and knows that it’s crucial that you spend time together all the time, he’s thinking about you in a super serious way.
- He spends time at your place. When guys are just in it for one thing, they mostly invite you over and then have you leave ASAP. If your new guy is cool with spending time (including nights) at your apartment, that’s a pretty clear signal that he’s really into you. It’s even more significant if you have a super girly apartment.
- Not much freaks him out. If you’re dating someone who seems crazy anxious, it’s pretty obvious that he’s looking for a way out. But if he’s chill and calm whenever you’re together, then he feels good about your new relationship.
- He talks about your friends. If a guy cares enough to ask after your BFF or mentions anyone you know in conversation, you can basically be confident that he’s going to be your boyfriend as soon as you discuss it. Guys don’t give a crap who you’re friends with unless they really like you.
- He seems super inspired. He’s inspired by you, of course, even if he might not admit it (or maybe he only knows unconsciously). You’re a positive influence on his life and job, and suddenly he’s full of energy telling you all about the new project he’s working on.
- He messages you in the morning. You can be sure he’s not all about hook-ups when he’ll send you a sweet a.m. text or even call when he’s grabbing coffee at the place down the block from his office. That makes it clear that he’s thinking about you 24/7, even when it’s light outside, even when you’re not together. Once you start getting those 10 a.m. text messages, you can go ahead and have that Talk — although you basically already know the answer.