The perpetually single girl is a relatively rare breed, and we’re a force to be reckoned with. Going it alone is tough sometimes, but we’re not hung up on our forever alone status — we embrace it, and because of that, we make even better girlfriends once we actually find love. If you’re lucky enough to date us, here’s what you need to know:
- We’re fiercely independent. We’ve dealt with the good times and the crappy ones without a man by our side. We know how to survive on our own, and how to get by with a little help from our friends. Because of that, we’ll be a great support system, and while we’ll appreciate your support in return, we won’t fall apart without it.
- We take our time — and want you to, as well. The last thing a woman who’s used to being single will do is rush into a relationship. We need time to adjust to the lifestyle change, and we’re content on our own if things don’t work out. Going at a leisurely pace is definitely our thing, and trying to go any faster could potentially scare usoff.
- We’ll probably freak out a little at first. Just as much as being single is terrifying to relationship girls, being in a relationship is scary as hell for us single girls. When you’re used to be accountable for yourself and doing you, factoring in another human being is daunting, to say the least. We’ll probably wonder how we’ll fit you in, and how to even deal with a boyfriend because we’re just not used to it.
- We’re not clingy or needy, at all. We have our own established lives, a good group of friends, a job, and enjoys having our alone time. Basically, we might be a lot of things, but needy certainly isn’t one of them. We won’t have the time to “check up” on you when you’re out with the boys, nor would we want to. We’ll respect the time you spend doing your thing, just like we’ll want you to respect ours.
- We have our own friends and routines. Because we’ve built our own lives, our friends and current routines are really important to us. We’ll definitely find a balance and integrate you into our world, but we won’t just change our whole routines because of you. It’s not that we don’t value you, it’s just that we don’t value others less because you’re now apart of our lives.
- We like being self-sufficient. We’re used to paying our own bills, and we pride ourselves on it. We’ll appreciate romantic gestures like picking up the tab here and there, but we won’t want to have that be the case every time. We want to pull our on weight — in fact, we insist on it.
- We can be on our own — in fact, we enjoy it. We’ll probably never be the girls who will blow up your phone asking you to hang out. It’s not that we don’t want to see you, it’s just that we still need time to ourselves to decompress and chill.
- We know exactly who we are. Being a single AF girl has shown us exactly who we are, and we don’t need anyone else to “complete” us. We know exactly what we want and won’t settle for much crap — because really, why would we? We enjoys our own company and if you aren’t treating us right, you definitely won’t make the cut.