Chances are, you know what a sugar daddy is by now. He’s a man that pays for the company of a younger woman, and the younger woman is known as a sugar baby. There are many different kinds of sugar daddy/baby relationships, though. Each one is unique and the rules will change from one relationship to the next. If you or someone you know is thinking of entering this kind of arrangement, here are some things you should know.
- Sugar daddies aren’t always looking for sex. Sex may become part of the relationship, but for a lot of sugar daddies, it’s about having someone to talk to and spend time with. Why don’t they just get a girlfriend? They may have an affinity for younger women who normally wouldn’t give them the time of day or their lives might just be so busy that they don’t have time to seek out a traditional relationship. Sugar daddies might also need to have someone to take with them to events and other social occasions. Sex might become part of the arrangement, but it isn’t always the main focus.
- Not all sugar daddies are old. Sugar daddies come in all ages from mid-twenties and up. Many of them are older than the women who choose to be sugar babies. Like sugar daddies though, sugar babies come in all ages. There are some sugar daddies who actually prefer older women and are looking for a woman that can provide the comfort of a mothering relationship.
- Sugar daddies pay more if sex is involved. The payment depends on the nature of the relationship. If a sugar baby is only expected to go to an event in a nice dress and high heels and have conversations, the payment will be lower. If she’s expected to have sex, he will dish out more money. Plus, the kinkier the sex required, the higher the fee!
- Sugar babies aren’t getting rich off their sugar daddies. The average allowance for a sugar baby is $2,400 a month. That’s less than minimum wage. Sugar daddies might give out extras besides money like clothing, shoes, makeup, or purses. Trips are paid for but not all sugar daddies take their sugar babies on vacations.
- Finding the right sugar daddy isn’t easy. It can take months or even longer to find the right relationship. First you have to find someone that is legit and actually has the money he says he has. Splenda daddies are men who exaggerate or lie about the amount of money they have and are able to provide. Then you need to find a sugar daddy that has the same expectations as you do. Seeking Arrangements is one of the most popular sites for matching sugar daddies and sugar babies.
- Sugar daddies and sugar babies alike often hide their identities. There’s a lot of potential for scamming and theft in sugar daddy relationships, so usually, both parties are very careful. Sugar daddies don’t always pay out via online methods. Many of them prefer to use cash or cash cards. Sugar babies often prefer to do it that way too. That prevents everyone’s identities from being learned and it protects bank accounts too.
- As a sugar baby, you have to be ready to walk away. There are going to be times when you just don’t trust a potential sugar daddy or he says something that makes you uncomfortable. He’ll ask you to do things you don’t want to do or he’ll say, “I’ll pay you from my bank account when I get home.” This is why you should never start sugaring because you need the money. When money is important to you, your voice becomes less important and you do things that you normally wouldn’t do. Once he sees that you are willing to bend, you put yourself at risk of being asked to do other things. Always be ready to walk away from the situation.
- Some sugar daddies are looking for permanent relationships. Not all sugar daddies are married men that are sneaking around on their wives. There are some who want a long-term relationship that is also monogamous. Some of them even offer the option of marriage down the road. There are still some who are looking for a one-time meet-up for sex. There is as much diversity in purpose as there is in age.
Sugar daddy relationships are all unique. They can involve money or gifts. They can be sexual or intimate but not sexual or even just platonic. Each party has the option to design their relationship.