Having integrity means having strong morals and principles and living in a way that aligns with them. Typically, people with integrity are honest even when it’s not easy to be. It doesn’t matter who’s watching or what the consequences are; a woman with integrity always tries to do the right thing. How many of these qualities do you have?
- She’s accountable for her actions. When you have integrity, you take responsibility for your actions, both good and bad. If you screw up, then you own it. While it’s tempting to shift the blame to others or avoid the consequences of your actions, this is the opposite of having integrity. Your strong principles mean that you own up to your mistakes and face the outcomes. No matter how difficult it is, having integrity means apologizing when the situation calls for it.
- She’s humble. Women with integrity may be confident, but they’re not arrogant. They don’t believe they’re better than everyone else and take every chance to brag about their achievements. Instead, they’re humble. That doesn’t mean putting themselves down or refusing compliments, but instead just having some humility. They celebrate their accomplishments without being overbearing and love themselves without trying to make anyone else feel inferior.
- She’s generous. Part of having integrity is being generous. Those with integrity have strong morals, which include giving to others and not taking more than they need. Note that being generous doesn’t always mean sacrificing and going without. But it’s about not being excessive and looking out for the interests of others, as well as your own.
- She tries to understand people before passing judgment. All humans judge. But women with integrity try to get all the facts and understand people before passing judgment. She’s not one to gossip and talk terribly about someone or condemn them without knowing the full story. Instead, she approaches situations with empathy and tolerance. She tries to understand where people are coming from and remembers that she’s not perfect before jumping to conclusions about them.
- She celebrates the achievements of others. Celebrating the success of others is a hallmark sign of a woman with integrity. She doesn’t try to hog the spotlight at all times and is happy to sit back and let other people shine. If she does have insecurities, she doesn’t let those get in the way of her happiness for someone else. She lifts up the people around her rather than dragging them down or dulling their sparkle.
- She’s polite. Integrity and politeness go hand in hand because both come down to respect. A woman with integrity appreciates the people around her and treats them as such. She doesn’t keep them waiting for her because she knows their time is important too. And she doesn’t make rude comments because she cares about their feelings. She understands that everyone is equal and no one deserves to be treated as anything less than that.
- She respects people she doesn’t agree with. Having integrity doesn’t mean you automatically agree with everyone. Yes, people with integrity still get into arguments and altercations. The difference is how they act during those moments. When a woman has integrity, she still has respect for the people she doesn’t agree with. She doesn’t call them names or say things to hurt them just because they have a different opinion. And she also doesn’t force her opinions down other people’s throats, understanding that everyone is free to make their own choices.
- She’s good to people she doesn’t know. A woman with integrity treats all people well, even perfect strangers. Her morals and principles mean that she doesn’t feel right being rude, disrespectful or unfair to anyone, whether she knows them or not. For example, women with integrity tend to be calmer and kinder drivers. As Psychology Today points out, they don’t road rage at other drivers or assume they’re the busiest people on the road and therefore need to get in front at all costs. Instead, women with integrity are patient and show courtesy.