Once you’ve been dating for a while, it’s more than likely that you’ll encounter your fair share of heartbreakers. Unfortunately, they’re difficult to spot because they’re all different. After all, if there was some kind of scarlet letter they were forced to wear, you’d always be ready to fight them off. In fact, that should be the next wildly popular dating app — one where you find out exactly what type of heartbreaker the guy you’re about to get involved with is so that you can head in the opposite direction.
- The Nice One. No matter what he does, this guy is convinced he’s “nice.” Sure, he breaks your heart into a million little pieces, but he does it in a friendly way. He never cheats and he tries to be kind of upfront with you. But in his effort to be a good guy, he never actually considers how you feel. He’s much more focused on coming out of the breakup and feeling better about himself than how you’re dealing with it.
- The Ghost. This ghost never actually breaks your heart because you were never in a real relationship to begin with. Whether you’ve been out a couple of times or hooking up for months, you thought you were heading towards something real. Unfortunately, he had other plans, and he slinks away in the dead of night, never to be heard from again.
- The Repeat Offender. The R.O. keeps coming back for more. You think he ghosted, until he sends a late night text when you least expect it. He’s one of the worst kinds of heartbreakers because he keeps giving you hope. It prevents you from really and truly moving on because you know that he’s always lurking in the shadows. In fact, it seems like he can always sense when you’re about to move on. It’s entirely possible that he has ESP because his texts seem to come exclusively when you’re getting ready to go out with someone new.
- The Bad Boy.Going in, you know this guy is the absolute worst, but that doesn’t prevent you from getting your heart smashed into smithereens. Dating this dude means that you expand your Eskimo network by the hundreds. He’ll will always be the one who forced you to listen to way too many Taylor Swift songs, because you blamed yourself for the downward spiral his cheating made you take.
- The Wrong Timing Dude. The worst part of this heartbreak is that it seems avoidable, but isn’t. You’re in two entirely different places in your life, and can’t find a middle ground to make things right. There’s no way for you to be together without both of you giving something up — whether it’s moving across the country or focusing less on your job. Everyone’s experienced this kind of heartbreak and been this kind of heartbreaker.
- The Comedian. When you try to ask why things went wrong, he won’t give you a straight answer. He’s immature, which you thought was funny while you were dating, but now that it’s over you just want to know what he’s actually thinking. Instead, you just get sarcastic statements and weird YouTube videos.
- The One Who Won’t Settle Down. He’s super handsome and seems to be too good to true… And he thinks so, too. You realize that this was never going anywhere, because he’s constantly looking for someone else. In fact, it seems like he’s always doing something secretive on his phone and when you’re out together you never fully feel like he’s focused. Even when he texts you, you wonder how many other girls received the same text. His Facebook is full of photos of him and other ladies, and you always wonder who they are — even when you’ve been done for a long time.
- The One Who Haunts You. Despite the fact that things are over, you just can’t get over him. In your mind, he was the one. And while it didn’t work out, you can’t help but think that one day it might actually work out. It doesn’t matter that your breakup was messy, you still talk sometimes… and every time you do, you wonder if he’s the guy you’ll end up with.