Dating an alpha male is an interesting experience, and a pretty different one than you’ll get with other types of guys out there. He’s strong, confident, and a natural leader. He stands out without trying, and sometimes can seem a little full of himself. He can also be a bit of a troublemaker, but that usually because he’s just blazing his own path. So what do you need to know if you’re thinking about dating one?
- He gets crap done. He doesn’t just talk about doing things to sound important — he’s actually out there doing stuff, and a lot of it. Dating him means that he might want you along for the part of the ride, or that he might suggest ways for you to step up your game. Don’t be offended, he legitimately thinks he’s helping.
- He likes to be kept on his toes. He’s in control of so much that he appreciates complexity and even mystery in a woman. When he doesn’t find that, he tends to move on pretty quickly since he’d rather spend his energy on himself.
- He wants to date a girl who won’t throw him off track. The alpha male is not looking to toss aside his life for someone else, he’s looking for someone to blend into it. Being the type of girl who has her own vision already is really appealing to him, since he respects individuality.
- He can get a little arrogant. Sometimes he doesn’t show this side to the world because he knows it’s unappealing, but if you’re dating him, you might see this side come out when he’s moody or trying to prove his point. (And good luck getting an apology when he thinks he’s right.)
- He expects loyalty. And not just in the fidelity sense. He chooses who he wants to spend time with, and once he has, he assumes that the respect is mutual and unwavering. He doesn’t have a lot of patience for lies and shadiness.
- He wants a woman who matches his intellect. He might be in the driver’s seat, but he wants a co-pilot, not a passenger. He wants to know that you “get” him and his life, and that you can keep up with it without slowing him down.
- The alpha male can be a perfectionist. He does his best all the time and he expects the same of people around him. Sometimes he can be a little judgmental or insensitive to your choices because he assumes that everyone is capable of being their best all the time.
- He’s intense. Sometimes this comes out through passion, and sometimes it comes out through recklessness. He likes when stuff is happening, so sometimes he has to create drama for himself. This can be fun or exhausting, depending on his antics.
- He might actually like your controlling moments. The alpha male is confident so he isn’t thrown off by a strong woman. He sometimes enjoys your need to take control because he gets to sit back for a moment.