For most of us, the entire point of being in a relationship is having someone to call our own and spend the rest of our lives with. We all want to find “The One”—so how do you know that you’ve actually found them?
- Happiness takes on a new meaning whenever you’re with them. When you find the person you’re meant to spend the rest of your life with, it feels like the light in your body just suddenly got turned on. They fill you with more joy than you ever thought was possible. They don’t even have to do anything special to make you happy—just knowing that they exist is enough. Their excitement starts to feel like your own even when it has nothing to do with you.
- They’re not afraid to be vulnerable with you. We go through life trying to hide parts of ourselves from others because we’re terrified of being hurt, judged, or rejected, This changes when you’re with your person. If they’re willing to open themselves up to you in ways that they normally wouldn’t, that means they see you as someone they can be comfortable around and show the messiest parts of themselves to without feeling ashamed. If you feel the same way too, like you don’t ever want to pretend, then that’s a good sign you’ve hit the relationship jackpot.
- You can’t seem to spend enough time together. Time flies away when you’re with them. You start missing them the second you’re apart and you just can’t wait to see their face again. Every moment you spend together feels precious and all you want is more and more of it. If you find someone that you thoroughly enjoy hanging out with, whether it’s on a date, in the middle of a crowd, or just sitting together in silence, that just might be the sign you need to know that they’re really special.
- You just seem to be in tune with each other. When you meet “The One,” you’ll start to notice how effortlessly you fit together. It’s like your thoughts, desires, and emotions just blend perfectly. You don’t always have to speak to know what’s on their mind, and even the sex is out of this world, like nothing you’ve ever experienced before. If that’s the case, you might want to listen to what your body is trying to tell you.
- Being with them starts to matter more than being right. We’re human and prone to mistakes, but we usually have a hard time admitting that. When you or your partner are quick to apologize when things go wrong because you can’t bear to hold a grudge against each other, that’s a clear indication that you’re in it with the right person. You stop caring who’s right or wrong, all that matters is smoothing things over as quickly as possible.
- They talk about the future with you in it. If you start to notice that they include you when planning for the future, they might just be the one for you. That means that their intentions for you are true and good. They want to build a life with you and they’re not afraid of taking that leap of faith, hoping that you want to do the same.
- You’re on the same page about the things that matter. It’s very important that you and your partner are thinking alike when it comes to life goals, values, and future aspirations like children, marriage, and even career. You can’t make anything longlasting with someone whose life plans are completely different from yours, so that’s an early sign to watch out for. The more closely your principles and wants align, the more likely you’re meant to be together.
- Your friends and family are fans. Our friends and family are the biggest and most influential part of our community, so their opinions matter a whole lot. If they don’t approve of the person you’re with, it’s probably because they can see things that your emotions are covering up. Similarly, if they get along with the person you’re dating, you can rest easy knowing you’ve made the right choice.
- It feels like all your past relationships were a lie. Being with “The One” feels like jumping into a cold pool on a very hot summer day. It’s refreshing and breathtaking. It’s like nothing you’ve ever experienced before, and you just know that what you feel when you’re with them is brand new. When it seems like all your best relationships put together don’t quite measure up to this one, there’s a good chance you’ve reached the end of your dating journey.