While smooth-faced boyfriends are sexy in their own right, there’s something about bearded men that makes women weak in the knees. It’s true that women before us have adored baby-faced and clean-shaven men. However, plenty of us now know that being a lumberjack’s lady has incredible perks:
- You’ll have a fun time brushing and playing with it. Give your man a stroke in the beard during cuddle time. It will ignite his nerve-endings and he’ll sure be delighted and love you more for it. Also, snuggling your face against his heavy stubble is comforting. Try it and see where it will both take you.
- His beard tells you how patient and committed he is. There are a lot of things in life that take time — growing a proper beard is one of them. It takes a lot of effort, too because he has to trim it, condition it, and give it the attention it deserves regularly (just like how we do with the hair down there). His beard tells you that he’s a man who doesn’t give up too easily, even if he faces challenges (including patchy or slow beard growth). His commitment is unmatched and he’ll persevere ‘til he gets the prize.
- He looks timeless. Your bearded man will always be a classic – all while looking refined and oozing that irresistible sex appeal. He will never go out of style. You’ll always be a proud girlfriend when you stand by his side, at all ocassions.
- Kissing becomes more exciting. His beard will send that much-needed tickling sensation to your nerves, sending you to cloud nine without actually being there yet.
- He looks so masculine. According to a 2013 study published in Evolution and Human Behavior, both women and men perceive men with beards as more masculine. With men being included in this study, it tells you his male counterparts see him, too: stronger and more capable. His beard announces his alpha male status and makes other men around look at him with respect.
- You get the chance to try his conditioning products. Knowing that he always makes sure that conditioner is available to him when he needs it for his heavy stubble should comfort you. You won’t have to bring yours during sleepovers at his apartment.
- He understands your needs. Since maintaining a proper beard requires that he take care of it routinely, chances are he’ll be conscious and understanding about how much you need to stick to your own beauty routines, too.
- His beard keeps him looking young. While beards imply maturity and old age in men, it actually keeps them young. At least, that’s according to a research from the University of Southern Queensland. Not only will your man’s beard keep him warm during the winter months, it will also block up to 95% of the sun’s harmful UV rays, keeping him wrinkle-free.
- He’s better in bed. Whether it’s a little friction or an aggressive rub that you need, his heavy stubble can deliver it for your ultimate pleasure. Period.