Who says singles can’t enjoy Valentine’s Day? Netflix is always around to be your someone special, and it’s a better date than a lot of guys could ever be. Cozy up on your couch this year with Netflix, because it’s going to be a great night.
- Netflix is filled with romance. You’re guaranteed a romantic evening if you’re cuddled up with Netflix this Valentine’s Day. From sappy rom-coms to heart wrenching love stories, there’s a movie for every romantic. If you’re not stereotypically romantic, there are indie love films, comedies, or horror… something for everyone this February 14th.
- You can rock your sweatpants. Why put on a cocktail dress when your sweatpants are so comfy? It’s about -20 degrees outside, the world is frozen, and there’s no available parking anywhere. A sexy outfit and heels are about the least practical things to put on this time of year, so rock out in your pjs with Netflix.
- You get the entire pizza for yourself. Loving pizza is basically the same as having a relationship, right? You don’t really want to go out for a ridiculous Valentine’s Day dinner, but you also don’t want to share your takeout with anyone (even when it shows up with 3 sets of silverware.) Luckily, Netflix runs on wasted hungover days instead of food, so each and every pizza slice is reserved for you.
- You can cry without ruining the holiday. Cry, send mean texts to your ex, stare at your Instagram… there’s nothing you can do that will ruin this evening. Netflix doesn’t care whatever weird feelings or actions that might pour out of you on this day, so don’t repress a single urge. Netflix will love you just the same in the morning.
- Netflix has no sexpectations. You can hang out all night and then just go to bed when you’re tired! There’s no hookup expectation, so feel free to down that entire bottle of wine and pass out on the couch.
- Your Valentine’s Day date is super affordable. Netflix costs about 27 cents a day (yes- it’s a little more in February,) so it’s basically the most affordable date you’ve ever had. With all the money you’ll save you can do something crazy, like finally make a dent in that credit card you maxed out 4 years ago!
- You’ll be able to find your way home, no matter how much you drink. Single people and couples alike tend to drink way too much on Valentine’s Day. You’ll never have to worry about finding your way home after a Netflix date, or hate yourself in the morning when you realize you paid 11x Uber surge pricing because it’s a busy holiday.
- You’ll be the only well rested person at the office the next day. This may be your one and only shot to be the perkiest, most well rested person in the office, so snatch up this opportunity to be responsible while everyone else is lagging from their sex hangover.
- Netflix dates have the shortest bathroom lines. Ah, the simple pleasures of staying in. As fun as it is to befriend the random crying girl in the bathroom, it’s actually more enjoyable to not have to wait in a line to pee at all. While it might not be the most romantic benefit in the world, I doubt a man has ever come with the perk of being able to cut the line when you just really, really have to go.