With so many myths and straight up lies about sex floating around out there, how do you know what’s true and what’s absolute BS? Well, when it comes to these 9 sex myths, it turns out they’re actually real.
- You can go blind with pleasure. So apparently this can legitimately happen. Some orgasms are so intense, they can cause you or your partner to go blind — usually only in one eye, but sometimes in both. It doesn’t last long, maybe a few minutes, but it is sure to scare the hell out of you and make you wonder WTF just happened.
- The more sex you have, the more you’ll get. I’m not saying you should get down with every guy that looks your way, but the more sex you have, the more sexy pheromones you put off, attracting more men who will want to sleep with you. It’s science, so you should have more sex. Really.
- His penis can get stuck during sex. It’s uncommon, but it happens, and it’s called penis captivus. Swelling and suction combined can create a tight vacuum situation where he can get stuck inside you and won’t be able to get out. Although this might sound like lots of fun, in most cases hospitalization is necessary, which is both embarrassing and expensive… and probably painful, too. Yikes.
- Sex eases pain. Because sex releases so many endorphins, it can actually help you get rid of a headache or cramps. So although you might not be too interested in doing the nasty when you don’t feel well, it can actually make you feel better afterwards. Sick day sex now sounds like an awesome idea, no?
- A penis is breakable. I know it doesn’t have bones, but a penis can break and it will even make a “snap” sound. Gross. So the next time you’re experimenting with some Cirque du Soleil crap in the bedroom, keep in mind that his penis may not be as flexible as you are. And if you break it, you bought it.
- Fruit can help make semen taste better. This is somewhat true. If he eats a lot of potent fruit (pineapple, strawberry, etc), it can change the taste of his semen to something more pleasant. It isn’t going to taste like a fruit bowl, so don’t get too excited, but it won’t taste as salty as it did before.
- A hickey can cause a stroke. Holy sh*t. So the story goes that a super hard hickey, one where it seems like he is sucking your skin off, can cause a small stroke if it is too close to a major artery. Scary. So the next time he’s getting his Hoover on, just keep that in mind. WTF?
- You could be allergic to his semen. Similarly to fruit showing up in his semen, some foods allegedly can transfer into his semen, like nuts. So if you have severe nut allergy (we’re talking tree nuts not man nuts) and he has some a few hours before you get busy, you could have a small allergic reaction to the trace elements in his semen. Crazy, but true.
- You can get pregnant while already pregnant. SUPER rare, but you can be pregnant and conceive again. MIND BLOWN!