When you’ve been single for a while, you start to yearn for a relationship. You see everyone around you coupling up and you want what they have. That’s especially hard to deal with during the holiday season when you’re invited to all of those intimate dinner parties. However, that doesn’t mean you should jump into a relationship. Sometimes it’s better to be single. Should you be ditching the relationship and staying by yourself? Check out these signs that you should stay single, no matter how much you might want a boyfriend.
- You’re still thinking about your last relationship. You compare every guy to the last one. You still stalk him on Instagram and your stomach flips when you see him with another girl. Yeah, you need to get over it before you start dating a new guy.
- You’re making bad decisions. If you can’t trust yourself not to start every Monday with a hangover, how can you trust that you’re choosing the right guy? Get your mind right, girl.
- You’re just trying to fill the void. Some women have a really hard time being alone, so they grab onto the first guy they see whenever they become single. But you know what happens then? You end up with some really crappy guys.
- You’re settling. Loneliness is tough, but don’t start dating a guy just because he’s available. As they say, “being single is better than being in bad relationship.” If you don’t like him, don’t date him.
- The dating scene has left you exhausted. The single world does suck if you’re actively looking to find someone new. Just stay single for a while to regroup.
- You’ve lost yourself. Some people define themselves by who they’re with. They adopt their lover’s interests and always think of themselves as a couple. Does this sound like you? If you’ve lost who you are in the world of relationships, it’s time to find yourself again.
- You need to work on you. Maybe your self-esteem sucks and you need a boost. Perhaps you have been neglecting your friends or really want to go back to school. Let dating take a back seat and don’t be afraid to be selfish for a little while.
- You’re having a better time when you’re single. No one says you have to be in a relationship. Being single can be a blast, too. You don’t have to confer with anyone when it’s time to buy a new couch or choose a vacation destination. You have the whole bed to yourself. You can make out with a random person at a party and not feel guilty about it. Do what you want, girl!
- You’re falling into the same old trap. Always ending up with the bad boys? You’re stuck in a loop and need to take some time off from dating to gain perspective. Think of this as your “gap year.”