Some guys just can’t handle a fierce and fabulous woman. Whether it’s because they’re insecure or total control freaks who have to have all the power, there’s no reason that you should be ashamed of who you are or try to downplay the qualities that make you such an amazing woman. Here are some things some guys just can’t handle (and why you shouldn’t care).
- You’re financially independent. A lot of men out there are intimidated by successful women. If you have your own place, your own car, and money to buy nice things for yourself, that’s something to be proud of! You’ve worked hard and you deserve to treat yourself. Not only that, but you should take pride in the fact that you can take care of yourself without anyone’s help. Relationships are partnerships. It’s not about who can financially support who, it’s about emotional support and love. The right man won’t care how much money you have. He’ll love you for you and it won’t bother him even if your income is bigger than his.
- You’re totally and authentically confident. Good men find confident women sexy and full of life. That’s the way it should be. If you feel good in your skin and live your life that way, people can’t help but notice and feed off of your good vibes. Men who are insecure with themselves tend to shy away from confident women. They feel inferior and like they’ll never measure up. He might be a jerk if he’s put off by women who love themselves but he might also just be struggling with his own confidence. Either way, don’t let anyone make you feel small just because they’ve got their own issues.
- You work a demanding job. Some men might find the fact that you’re career-oriented intimidating because they may think that the more energy you pour into work, the less energy and time you’ll have for them. This is ridiculous. You can make time for your career and your relationship, however, insecure men are often intimidated by powerful women who are strong leaders. If you think that means that you need to turn down that next promotion, think again! The right guy will be your biggest supporter in any of your professional endeavors.
- You have a booming social life. Women who have a strong network of amazing friends behind them can often be intimidating to men who want to be the sole focus of their partner’s life. He might be turned off by the fact that you’re not available at his beck and call, but you have other people in your life that you enjoy spending time with and you’re not just going to drop everyone and everything when he decides he wants to see you. If he can’t handle that, on to the next one!
- You’re close to your family. Similar to having close relationships with your friends, if you’re really close with your family, he may just feel threatened by that. When you have the safety net of a strong family unit behind you, that means that there are people who have your back no matter what. If something goes wrong in your life, he isn’t necessarily the first person you would turn to and that might make him a little bitter or freak him out. Family is forever and if your guy wants to one day be a part of yours, he has to understand that is a bond that cannot be broken. There’s absolutely room in your heart for both your family and your partner. The right guy will get behind that.
- You speak your mind. A lot of men out there can’t handle a woman who says what’s on her mind and speaks up for what she believes in. You have an opinion and you have a right to voice that opinion even if it differs from the guy that you’re with. The guy for you is perfectly fine with agreeing to disagree and he loves the fact that you say what’s on your mind.
- You have big dreams. The best partner for you will want to know all about the big ambitions and goals you have for your future, no matter how crazy and unattainable they might seem. He will love the fact that you don’t limit yourself or what’s possible and will be all in on helping you achieve anything you want in life. The wrong guy for you will be intimidated by the fact that you want to accomplish so much in your life. What if you sacrifice your relationship with him to go after one of your dreams? He won’t want you to go after anything that might risk taking your time and attention away from him. You don’t have to settle for someone who will keep you down so that they can stay on top.
- You’re not easily shaken. Vulnerability can be seen as a weakness but a lot of men might see it as an opportunity to always be the one in command in a relationship. If you’re headstrong in your beliefs and ambitions and not easily deterred by minor setbacks and obstacles, he might find this intimidating. You won’t back down when you feel strongly about something and aren’t afraid of little healthy debate, this might cause him to back off a little which would be a bummer but hey, who wants to be with someone who can’t handle a little disagreement now and then?
- You’re unapologetically yourself. If you’re the kind of confident woman that is who she is and will never let anyone make you feel like you shouldn’t be, including the guy you’re with, you might just be a little too fabulous for men who are too small to handle strong women. The right guy will never want to change you because he will fall in love with all of the little details and imperfections that make you who you are. He will not only accept you for all of your great qualities but your flaws as well, he will also help you celebrate them. He will make you feel so good in your own skin that even if you wanted to change, you couldn’t. That’s the guy who’s worth being with. Not some loser who will love you but only if you fit into his idea of a perfect woman.