Chasing a guy who’s not interested is always a bad idea. It makes you seem clingy, annoying, and down-right desperate. If he likes you, there won’t be any guesswork involved — you’ll know. Once you stop going after guys who clearly aren’t worth your time since they couldn’t see how amazing you are on their own, life will get even better.
- You realize it was a huge waste of time. Why would you want to be with someone who doesn’t want to be with you? Chasing a guy who isn’t interested is a huge waste of your time. Your time is precious, and the last thing you want to do is waste it on someone who doesn’t deserve it.
- You have so much more free time. Think about how much time you spent obsessing over a guy that you’re not even really sure about. When you stop chasing guys that aren’t interested, your schedule opens up and you have more time to invest in things that are more important in your life (which, incidentally, makes you way more attractive to guys).
- You stop feeling bad about yourself. If you put all of your effort into a guy who doesn’t reciprocate, it’s a huge blow to the ego. It doesn’t feel so great when it’s one-sided. Relationships are give and take and you should be with someone who makes you feel good about yourself.
- Your self-esteem skyrockets. Once you stop the chase, your confidence goes up tremendously because you’re not constantly being discouraged by trying to win someone over. You start to realize your own worth, and you can’t believe you ever underestimated yourself.
- You can finally pay attention to guys who are actually interested in you. If you keep chasing guys that aren’t interested, you won’t get a chance to notice the guys who actually are. Focus on the good guys, the ones who want to be with you and make you happy. Those are the ones that matter.
- You go on way fewer bad dates. If you’re chasing a guy, then he’s clearly not making room for you in his life. That means any time that you get to spend with him is borrowed time that he probably isn’t even devoting 100 to. Remember, it’s quality over quantity. You deserve to go out with a guy who blows you away and makes a date count.
- You’re less frustrated. Stressing over whether a guy is going to call or text you back is not only annoying, but it’s extremely frustrating. When you’re done with the chase, you’re not sitting around fuming over everything that’s not going right in your life, at least in terms of romance.
- Your relationship anxiety goes away. You should never feel so much anxiety about a guy to the point where you can’t focus during the day or even sleep at night. You should be with someone who you know is there for you and truly cares about you. Dating is supposed to be exciting and fun, not anxiety-inducing.
- You complain a lot less. How many times have you complained to your girlfriends about a guy who keeps playing games with you? If you’re constantly complaining about a guy that you’re dating, it’s never a good indicator about what’s down the road for you two.