We meet hundreds and thousands of people throughout the course of our lives. We make acquaintances, friends, and maybe even some enemies. We outgrow many people as we weave through the paths of our decisions. Every person somehow makes an impact on our lives, but not all of them are necessarily positive. There are some people whom we should part from for the sake of our happiness and well-being. These are those people:
- Gossipers. Gossip is poisonous. Don’t involve yourself with all that drama. People who gossip about your friends or other people that you know are probably gossiping about you as well. You have more important things to deal with than “He said, She said”.
- Fake friends.People will only show you what they want you to see. Someone who is portraying or pretending to be someone that they are not are just making a fool out of you and a fool out of themselves. You need to be around genuine people; people that aren’t hiding and aren’t ashamed of who they are.
- Negative thinkers.Jim Rohn once said, “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with”. Life is too short to be negative and being around negative people significantly influences your views on life. Surround yourself with positive people and experience as much joy as you can in this world.
- People who put you down.You should be around people who lift you up, not bring you down. Be the best version of yourself as possible. You can’t do that if you are around people who are constantly bringing you down all the time.
- Selfish people.Relationships are give and take. Reciprocity is important in maintaining any healthy, well-balanced relationship. You want to know that the people you surround yourself with will have your back if you need it.
- Users. It’s never a good feeling when you realize that someone was only befriending you or spending time with you just to get something out of it. Don’t let people use you or take advantage of you for their own selfish reasons.
- People who don’t keep their promises. Word is bond. The people that matter the most are the people who come through for you when they say that they will. Detach yourself from people who don’t keep their promises. People who break promises show you the true value of your relationship.
- Game players. That ex-boyfriend or rebound guy no longer serves a purpose in your life. Don’t let someone play with your heart. There’s no room in your life for people who don’t care about your feelings.
- People who don’t respect you. Never forget the golden rule, “Do unto others as you would have them do to you”. You have to give respect to get respect. If you aren’t getting the respect that you deserve from the people that you let into your life, then they should not be in your life at all.