I know I’m stating the obvious here, but nostalgia is pretty hot right now. Those of us who grew up in the ’90s love waxing poetic over the music we listened to, the clothes we wore, and most of all, the foods we ate when we were growing up — even if a lot of it wasn’t even that great. One thing that was great, however, was 3D Doritos, and now Frito-Lay is bringing them back for a whole new generation.
- 3D Doritos were discontinued back in the early 2000s. To be honest, I didn’t even realize they lasted that long! I feel like I only remember them being around for a couple of years in the mid- to late-’90s before they disappeared for good. Either way, no one has tasted these bad boys for nearly 20 years!
- They were a novelty product but they were delicious. Regular Doritos are tasty enough on their own, so did we really need to make them 3D? Not particularly, but we did it and it was yummy. Definitely didn’t replace the original but were a nice twist when you wanted a Doritos taste with a twist.
- Thankfully, Frito-Lay is bringing 3D Doritos back. While rumors have been circulating online over the past few weeks about this, we only just got confirmation via the brand’s Playbook for 2021, as noted by Delish. They’re working on lots of yummy snacks, but the return of 3D Doritos has to be the best news of all.
- 3D Doritos will be available in two different flavors. No regular ol’ Nacho Cheese here. This time, we’ve got Chili Cheese Nacho and Spicy Ranch to choose from. Obviously, you don’t need to choose at all – just buy both!
- They’ll start hitting store shelves in January. If you’re desperate to get your hands on some of these, 3D Doritos will start appearing on supermarket shelves around January 18, 2021, maybe a few days before or after depending on where you are. Happy snacking!