The idea that getting older means losing your youthful vibrancy is absolutely ridiculous. Take 92-year-old Baddie Winkle, for instance. She may have been born all the way back in 1928, but she still has the most incredible sense of style and she keeps on stealin’ your man every damn day, regardless of her age. How’s that for growing old gracefully?
Baddie Winkle is a total inspiration. Baddie, real name Helen Ruth van Winkle, became an Instagram hottie all the way back in 2014. These days, she has more than 3.6 million followers around the world who absolutely adore her bold, badass style, and positive attitude.
Before Instagram, she was just a regular ol’ gal. Baddie grew up in Waco, Kentucky and spent her senior days on her six-acre farm, looking after her great-grandkids and tending her garden. She went to church on Sundays and generally enjoyed a quiet life. Then one photo uploaded to the social media site changed everything.
Her great-granddaughter turned Baddie into a star. One day, one of Baddie’s great-grandchildren uploaded a photo of her in cut-off shorts and a tie-dye shirt to the social media site under a new account. “I’m a bad b**ch; always been a rebel,” Helen explained of her @baddiewinkle handle. “So we decided ‘bad’ — ‘baddie.’ And then my last name was van Winkle so we put the Winkle on.”
Ever since then, her account has gone crazy. It’s easy to see why everyone has warmed to Baddie so much. She not only has an incredible sense of style but an amazing attitude that is completely infectious to everyone who comes across her. You can tell from her photos that she’s really bossing life (in between stealing your man, of course) and you can’t look at her account without smiling to yourself.
- I Didn’t Understand Why I Kept Ending Up With Toxic Guys Until I Realized These Important Things
- What’s Your Hottest Quality? Here’s What Your Zodiac Sign Suggests
- You Know You’re In An Almost Relationship If You’re Sending Him These Texts
- 17 Life Struggles Of Women Who Are Naturally Loud
- 12 Reasons You’re Single Even Though You’re A Catch
- They Might Not Seem Like It, But These 12 Things Are Emotional Abuse
- 14 Little Things That Look Like Love But Are Actually Manipulation
- “Duty Dating” Is A Thing And You Need To Start Doing It ASAP
Share this article now!